LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lokesha S (Engineer)     12 September 2016

Residents association

I live in an apartment complex.  Where association is formed without taking approval from all the members. As certain members were not in sync with the rules proposed.  The remaining members who were in favor of the rules, have gone ahead and formed the association by selecting the committee members.

What are the options available to me as a resident who wants to challegne violation of my rights legally. 

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 September 2016

give a complaint to the registrar of cooperatives societies in your state.

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 September 2016

Please state in which State and city are you. Is the Association registered under any law of the State and if so, under which law?

1 Like

Lokesha S (Engineer)     13 September 2016

Hi Advocates,

Thanks for the response.

I am residing in Bangalore, Karnataka.

The association is not yet registered.  If it is to be registered, it will be under socities act. 

Lokesha S (Engineer)     13 September 2016

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 September 2016

An association which is not registered is no association at all. The so called office bearers of the association are only individuals with no powers to collect funds or do anything. You will have to go to the civil court havings jurisdiction and bring an injunction against the individuals by name ordering them not to collect funds or act in any other mannet assuming upon themselves as association office bearers.

1 Like

Lokesha S (Engineer)     14 September 2016

Thanks for the detailed response. Best Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register