LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     02 January 2010

applicability of Shop Act to Educational Institutions

Whether the Shop Act is applicable to Educational institution or its offices run by a charitable organisation? The reported cases and its details may kindly be furnished.

Regards,

Vijayarajan

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 January 2010

Mr. Vijayarajan,

Pl. follow the related cases for u.

ACT NO. 21 OF 1860 [ 21st May, 1860.] An Act for the Registration of Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies is applicable for your institution.The related case as follows:

Principal, Bhartiya ... vs Ramakrishna Wasudeo Lahudkar on 22 June, 1993

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     02 January 2010

I do agree with ramachary

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     03 January 2010

I would requst you to kindly frnish the citations. Ther are different vews and the Hon. High court of Kerala has given an order that the offices of educational institutions are covered by the act.(2005). The Kerala govt. has included the staff (excluding teachers) under the schedule of M W act 1948. So the presnt position may be clarified in detail.

Sunita Lad (Advocate and Consultant)     03 January 2010

Under the Bombay Shops and establishments act 1948, establishments pertaining to any kind of educational activities( recognised by law)  have been specifically excepted from the coverage under the act. You may check whether such exception exists in the concerned State.

sieve softech   09 June 2023

Hi,

I agree with your article.I am glad to be one of many visitors on this outstanding site. Like this I want you to write some more blogs to help users.

Institution that provides education as its main purpose, such as a school, college, university or training centre. Such institutions are normally accredited or sanctioned by the relevant national education authorities or equivalent authorities.

here I want to give some more suggestions that i found,maybe it is useful to Your viewers and Enhances their knowledge about the Educational Institutions plz check out-

<a href="https://pragathiacademy.com//">Educational Institutions</a>

Thanks for sharing with us keep posting.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register