LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himesh   28 July 2016

Arosed tile rows of above flat.........

Our building is 23 years old... around 5-6  years back, many flat in our building faced tile rows  come up the flooring issue due to structural changes of the building... i myself faced the similar problem, but i repaired the tiles withing 4-5 months.

The person who lives about my flat has also faced similar issue of tile rows come up the flooring issue... however, he ignored the repairing of the same,due to which tile rows have come up the flooring in every room of his flat, I had carried out my ceiling repair 4 years back... Now few months back, i hear noises clearly from his flat like walking sound, small things drop sound..if any heavy thing fallen, there is a big noise comes in my flat...Also there are number of small cracks develped in the ceiling, some of the portion  become hollow.... I immediately informed the society by letter, the managing committee had visited his flat and directed him to carry our the tile repairs asap,.... the above flat member had informed soceity by letter that he will carry out the repair after some months.... now almost 3 months have passed, he has not carried out the said tile repairs....

In the current situation what options left for me to avoid noise and cracks developing on my ceiling?

Learning

4 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     28 July 2016

File a suit of mandatory injunction from civil court.

warm Regards

Nitish Banka

1 Like

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     28 July 2016

It is best to request him to comply to his commitments. Try and call him to your flat and make him experience the problem himself. Failing all efforts, serve a legal notice upon him and thereafter file a suit for mandatory and perpetual injunction. That is the best way to settle the dispute between thw two of you.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     29 July 2016

Sir, Send a reminder to the person and endorse a copy to the society. If no action is taken, you may approach the Dy. Registrar of housing society of your zone. Good luck, Kishor Mehta
1 Like

Himesh   29 July 2016

Originally posted by : Augustine Chatterjee
It is best to request him to comply to his commitments. Try and call him to your flat and make him experience the problem himself. Failing all efforts, serve a legal notice upon him and thereafter file a suit for mandatory and perpetual injunction. That is the best way to settle the dispute between thw two of you.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Thanx Augustine Sir, .....previously  i called him couple of times to heard noises, he came and admitted those walking sounds and other sounds were from his flat, but when i made complaint to the society about it, he had taken a stand in reply to my letter to the society that those sounds were not from his home on the contrary he alleged me that he feel vibrations whenever i played my music system.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register