LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Kumar Gupta (Deputy Legal Manager)     29 December 2009

Cash deposited through ATM, found short at the time of Count

Dear All, I have diposited Rs.13000 cash through envolope provided by HDFC Bank. I have deposited it through 2 envelopes containing Rs. 10000 and Rs. 3000 respectively. Amount 3000 credited to my account but Rs. 10000 credited only Rs 5000 with statement that 5000 Rs. found Short. I have deposited the amount in the Denomination of Rs. 500. I have rasied a complaint through phone banking as there procedure and met with bank officials also. But they are stating the same that they found the amount short. But I am very much sure that i have deposited the complete amount. Please suggest me what remedy I have. What I should do Legally to get my money back.

Learning

7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     29 December 2009

If you have got valid proof regarding the deposit of amount in the ATM you can file a consumer case against the bank by giving notice first.

1 Like

Manish Kumar Gupta (Deputy Legal Manager)     30 December 2009

Dear Sir,

I have the proof of deposit in ATM. But that slip shows that amount what we have feeded at the time of depositing the cash. Not it shows after counting.

Does that slip helpful for me..??

Regards,

Manish

KAMAL SONI (Banker)     17 March 2010

Dear Manish,

Cash deposited throgh ATM is subject to T&C that amount of credit will be as per bankers verification.

The sealed envelopes are opened in the dual cusotody and also under surviliance thus it is very hard to believe that HDFC officials would have made a mistake of crediting partial amount .

Thanks & regards

Kamal Soni

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     05 April 2010

There is a procedure for such transactions. Maximum fools proof. but error may occure. No bank will fight with a false calim if the system went wrong. Please contact the HDFC.

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     16 March 2011

YOU CAN NOT GET YOUR MONEY BANK . THIS TYPE OF TRANSACTION IS SUBJECT TO THE T& C OF THE BANK LIKE IN SOME BANKS ENVOLOPE CONTAING CASH IS OPENED IN THE PRESENSE OF TWO AUTHORISED OFFICER OF THE BANK .AND DECISON OF THESE TWO RESPONSIBLE PERSON IS BINDING . SEE TERM AND CONDITION

Does that slip helpful for me..??

NO IT IS FOR NO USE FOR YOU BECAUSE THAT HAS BEEN FEEDED BY U AND U DONT HAVE PROOF THAT 10000 HAS BEEN PUT IN ENVOLOPE.

I HAVE SOME DOUBT REGARDING ONE THING

IF YOU HAVE FEEDED 10000 IN DEPOSTING SLEEP AND BANK HAVE CREDITED ONLY 5000

AND THERE IS ANY DISPERACY  IN CASH AND AMT WRITTEN ON DEPOSTING SLEEP 

BANK OFFICER  SHOULD NOT HAVE CREDITED 5000 IN YOUR ACCOUNT THEY SHOULD HAVE INFORMED U REGARDING THIS . BUT IN SHORT IT IS BANK POLICY AND NO ONE CAN ARGUE ON THAT 

TALK TO BANK IF ANY SOLUTION COME 

GOOD LUCK 

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     09 June 2011

Please refer my following file and scale up your complaint:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/share_files/HOW-TO-ADDRESS-PROBLEMS-WITH-BANKS--2013.asp

Vikas Ranjan (HR Manager)     24 August 2011

Dear Manish,

The suggestion given by Rajeev and Tarun is right. You have not any valid proof of number of notes you have deposited through ATM. The slip which you have only show that you have deposited the amout. So, In this case you have rare chances to get credit your uncredited deposited amount of Rs. 5,000.

It is better suggeted by all and me also to get contact the Branch Manger of such ATM branch location and mail to hdfc or make register your complain to complain care center, and timely enquire the status.

Best Regards:

Vikas Ranjan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register