Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Regular salary not being paid

Dear sirs,

I am an SBI employee.  in 2015, due to some personal issues, i had to go on unauthorized leave.  I rejoined the bank after few spells of such absences and a domestic enquiry was held and which also concluded recently.   the absences were in total 135 days from march 2015.  with due permission i was permitted to resume duties since 18th november 2015 after which i have been attending regularly till date and appropriate leave was also recommended by my manager to sanctioning authority.

my salary was withheld for the period of April 2015 and from 1st July 2015 to indefinitely.  even though no salary has been paid for the loss of pay period, the salary for my attended days is also not being paid which is almso 7 months due.  in february, I had made a written request to my manager, but in reply they told me that the payment will be considered only after sanction of the leave 'Extraordinary Leave", whcih to my knowledge could take months since i have seen such cases where the sanction of such leave took 4 to 6 months for a few colleagues of mine.

now even after the conclusion of domestic enquiry and disciplinary proceeding by way of stoppage of one increment, my salary has not been resumed.  during the time of enqiry, i was not suspended either and am still continuing to attending to my duties regularly. 

My requests to the management seem to be falling on deaf ears even after I have clearly shown them my financial problems and multiple times requested for resumption of the same through my union representatives and myself.

I am helpless regarding what I should do, since i have dues to pay and family to take care of.  please input your suggestions.

Learning

16 Replies

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     23 April 2016

SBI must be having a well spelt out HR policy concerning these issues. It seems you are attending regular duties with consent of bank management since 18th Nov., 2015 . Do you want to say that You are not paid monthly salary since the date of resumption in service. There can not be any provision to withheld salary of staff for the period of regular work .So, if my above assumption is right , pl. file an application under RTI Act to the jurisdictional PIO of your establishment to find out whether there is any cogent reason behind such stoppage of salary besides the one quoted by you. The Employees union office bearers may also be in aposition to advise in these internal policy matters.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 April 2016

Keep on representing, under proper acknowledgment,  and first of all get your absence regularised as  'Extraordinary Leave".

1 Like

(Guest)

(Guest)
Originally posted by : H.M.Patnaik
SBI must be having a well spelt out HR policy concerning these issues. It seems you are attending regular duties with consent of bank management since 18th Nov., 2015 . Do you want to say that You are not paid monthly salary since the date of resumption in service. There can not be any provision to withheld salary of staff for the period of regular work .So, if my above assumption is right , pl. file an application under RTI Act to the jurisdictional PIO of your establishment to find out whether there is any cogent reason behind such stoppage of salary besides the one quoted by you. The Employees union office bearers may also be in aposition to advise in these internal policy matters.

thank you sirs, for your inputs.  there are no reasons to stop my salary as the salary payment for loss of pay period was already stopped and the period which i am entitled to more than exceeds the dues to be recovered if any.

Our bank has a separate department HRMS to look after the disbursement of salaries, but that also works under the instructions of branches.  they just process the transactions and such.  regarding following up with my union office bearers, they have been saying they will look in to the matter, they even promised that there will be no delay this month.  as i have recieved a blank pay slip even this month, i have to find a way to get them to do what they should.  all the time the excuses the management are giving is that of some communication problem and blaming the HRMS department for negligence of miscommunication.

i have been just trying to not to ruin the professional relations.  can you please give me suggestion as to what to and what not to ask in an RTI application regarding this matter and point me in the right direction. 

once again, thank you

It is good that you have received the salary slip.

Engagae the management (Branch/circle/region/zone etc )and let them state in writing that the attendnace has been marked and sent for processing of salary and delay is at HRMS.

Let union also minute it and record.

RTI is one of the options.

1 Like

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     23 April 2016

Dear Mr. Jagdeesh,

If you have the recent payslip, record of attendance in office , proof of resumption of dutyand copy of your representation to management for release of salary   alongwith details of dues recoverable if any, you can very well approach your circle head in Grievance cell after seeking permission of your station senior for resolving the stalemate.

1 Like

(Guest)

i will do as you all have suggested and keep you updated. thank you

You may also avoid proceeding on unauthorized leave, again.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
You may also avoid proceeding on unauthorized leave, again.

that was a brief bad period of my life involving my marriage, parents and in-laws and money-minded mediators who almost ruined my life and marriage instead of helping me.  it took some time and stubbornness and patience and some support from my branch manager to get out of that situation.

I have no plans or wishes to get into such situations. once was enough.  it won't happen, ever.

Your last post reaffrims my faith that:

--there is  no dearth of good and compassionate managers.

--there are good number of good and seasoned union leaders that can render solid support.

--a strong willed person can resolve any complication in life.

Reciprocate and Render your support to such indivisuals and let them also flourish with your contributions.

Wish you the very best.

(Guest)

sirs, I have done as you told and gave a written request to look into the discrepancies to my AGM.  But they are denying to give me acknowledgement for the letter.  I also followed up with the HRMS cell and they clarified that any problem is from the branch's end and that I am not authorised to contact HRMS directly.  my union local secretary is a very corrupt person and he has been avoiding me initally by saying he will look in to it, but now he is saying that if we give written representations, the management will become strict in other issues and that they will lose some other benefits they are getting.  My salary has now become overdue for 7 and half months excluding the period of loss of pay in the previous year.

How can I approach in this situation.  what information can i ask in an RTI letter.  please someone help.

i am attaching a representation that I have given to my manager here. please go through and give your valuable inputs

Attached File : 20160428073216 35723216 agm letter 2.docx downloaded: 49 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 April 2016

Usually there is a person or secretriat that issues diary number to all inward letters/covers.

You can supply by Registered Post, followed by email (from personal emaild/official email id)  and downlaod India Post website tracking report and obtain POD & certified copy of postman's delivery report,  from PO/thru RTI.

You have the option to add in email/letter that on dated.......................you visited to handover the letter dated..........................however the acknowledgment was denied by Mr/Ms.............

The Union Leader might be right.

You are closest to the situation and know the facts/matter better than anyone else.

You have to apply your own judgment and proceed for what is deemed as best to you.

You may check if the statement of HRMS is ture or false as per applicable rules of the establishment.

You may once again apply your own judgment and decide if you would like to minute the transactions with HRMS or not?

(Guest)

Thank you all for your suggestions.  By pursuing the matter myself, I have found out that the HRMS is not at fault, the branch is at fault for not furnishing the information and necessary documents in time for processing.  the delay is also not known to the branch manager as the documents were held up in despatch and were received by HRMS after the processing date.

As the fault lied with my union representative itself, I confronted them in a meeting regarding the same. later I was assured that I will be paid all the pending dues by this month.

Hence it has been found that there was no provision asking for withholding of my salary and it was due to negligence of some of my own comrades/colleagues. 

I will update after I get my salary slip on 18th may.  Even after that if the payment is not done, I will pursue the matter legally after due information and escalation to higher authorities and office bearers.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2016

Download the evidence that "as the documents were held up in despatch"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register