LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kuldeep singh   15 March 2016

False dowry case threaten

Hello Sir, I am kuldeep singh. I am software engineer. Last year my parents saw a girl which belong from agra and assistant manager in icici for marriage. Girl's family get the wedding date in 17 April 2016 but i don't want to marriage this year due to start my business. I want to settle first then want to marriage. So i told them that i can't marrige this year. After this the girls family threatened to my family if i refused from marry then they will file dowry case against us while we didn't take any money and not talked regarding this. So Please give me advice what should we have to do?

Learning

4 Replies

Harassed By Wife   15 March 2016

Do u have any recordings or proofs of these threats?

fighter (Software professional)     15 March 2016

cancel marriage...nothing will happen....

saravanan s (legal advisor)     15 March 2016

you should have taken this decision of not marrying till you settle earlier itself before your parents started to look for a bride.now since the marriage has been fixed you cant simply state like this.look from the brides point of view.it will have severe repercussions on her life.so better workout a compromise with the brides family and convince them not to file any cases.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 March 2016

Discuss the issue and settle it amicably without seeking legal advise on this platform, otherwise you will spoil your relation, peace of mind and pocket.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register