Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krish   12 March 2016

Netbanking transfer for settlement to wife

Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding the safer mode of payment as alimony to wife which is acceptable by Law.

Village people and local political leaders organized panchayathi as couple does not want to  live together anymore. Girls side people are not accepting to come court to go with divorce legally and they just want to end it in the panchayati itself.

The leaders decided some amount has to be paid to girl by husband.  She does not have any bank account on her name at present. So if we take a new account on her name and transfer money via Netbanking to that new account,  can we show the netbanking transaction number as proof in future in case any issues raised by girl side?

If above option is not correct, could you please let me know which mode of payment needs to be chosen to be at safer side? 

Learning

4 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 March 2016

Settlement made by the village elders is not valid as per law and it is better to go for a divorce through court.Best mode when both the parties agree is to go for MCD,which will be easier.Transaction wise net banking transfer is ok,but U ought to have a valid acknowledgement towards the alimony paid.

1 Like

Krish   13 March 2016

Thanks Sainath Sir!!

I know that's not valid. Slowly we will convince them to come for MCD.  We need to pay amount before convincing as per Village elders.

Acknowledgement for netbanking transfer is just "SMS". We get only SMS stating amount is credited to benificiary account. Will this SMS be enoguh to show in court while proceeding with MCD petition? Also bank statement for that transaction.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 March 2016

Should U pay money to the panchayat?

Krish   13 March 2016

No Sir.  We have to pay to girl in front of  panchayati people.   We wanted to say that we would do net banking transfer to her account in stead of giving liquid cash.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register