Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

try1684   23 February 2016

Query on divorce case for transfer in supreme court

Dear Lawyers,

I filed for Divorce in banglore on Nov 14. My wife also filed the Divorce case in Delhi on Jan 15. Grounds for divorce was same in both the cases.

Now my wife has filed for Transfer of my banglore divorce case to delhi ?

1) Is it worth for me to fight the case in Supreme court to stop the transfer of case ? I heard Supreme court has soft corner for ladies.

2) Do I have a strong point here ? She can always counter that she had not receievd the notice from banglore court.

Please Guide...

Learning

5 Replies

try1684   23 February 2016

Dear Renuka,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, its true we both want divorce. But she is harassing me, she has filed a false 498a case and asking for a huge amount on money for mutual divorce. Thats why this query.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     24 February 2016

Sir, Now the SC is not keeping the same soft corner and not transferring the cases as easily it used to do . I feel u should contest bcoz in Delhi she may also claim maintenance which can become a problem for you . Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450
1 Like

try1684   25 February 2016

Dear Lawyers,

Please advice, do i have a point here to contest my case ?

try1684   27 February 2016

Dear Lawyers,

Please advice.

Shreshta@ JA Beno AOR supreme (AOR supreme court of india )     13 March 2016

You can always contest in supreme court for stoping the transfer and simentaniously you have to prove before the court that the transfer filed by her is only to harrass you and discussing about criminal cases like DV and 498A jurisdiction plays a vital role, recently in supreme court i appeared for a case on behalf of husband and the case is similar to yours and on the merits the apex court hsve dismissed the petition filed by the wife. Maintanance is an important part that need to be handelled very carefully as there are case Laws of apex court few in favour of wife and few in favour of husband.

Contact-9999199784

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register