Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash   03 November 2015

X girlfriend blackmailing for money

Hi,

I was in a live-in relationship with a girl for 6 yrs and were planning of getting married, however it did not happen as she left due to reason of she would not be able to stay with my parents as they had disagreed to accept her in the first place. Eventually we seperated in good terms. After 2 yrs she started calling me and asking for money, (As i had come abroad and was living a good life). When I returned to india to get married, she had filed a case against me, my parents & my fiance. She claimed to be my wife and said that my family had harrased her. As this was just a few days before my marriage, i had only 2 options, either pay her the amount she was claiming or cancel my marriage. I agreed to give her the money. Now, after 6 months i have been paying a heafty EMI to her. Last month my EMI went a day late, she had messeged my friend to say that she will not let me be happy and I have got a feeling that she will file a case again and do this all over again, as the lawyers say the rules of Indian judiciary lean towards girl's favoour. She also mentioned in the last conversation that the agreement made was not valid as I have not signed personally,She has emailed me a scan copy which i signed and emailed back and it does not have witness as weel. Please help me. Should I keep paying and abide by the agreement or any other way out of this? Regards.

Learning

6 Replies

Keanusathya (Sr Consultant)     03 November 2015

Firstly never entertain such people , this may cause issues in current relationship as well. Explain to your partner as to what happened, take her confidence and file extortion case against your ex gf.

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     03 November 2015

Hi,

First of all, what is the agreement???? and you are paying the money for what??

Secondly, who decided the amount?? Was it against a police complaint??

You should know that police doesnt have an authority to decide on this matter??

Although if you think that the things happening are wrong.. then just file a complaint against that girl. The police have to accept your complaint. And if the police authorities refuse to take your complaint.. then the doors of the court are always open for you. You can file a case against this issue in the court of law.

And dont worry, if you have not done anything wrong, you have no need to bother.. defend yourself strongly. And Law is equal for everyone.. there is no favour for male or female. Consult a Lawyer if you need.

Adv. Yogen Kakade, Pune

juryconincorporation@gmail.com

www.juryconn.in

1 Like

SuperHero (Manager)     03 November 2015

She is encashing your FEAR..You are a golden duck for her...

Tell her straight forward you can file as many cases as you can...and nothing can be done...

Show some Guts man....

Avinash   04 November 2015

Hi, Thank you for the responses.

She had filed a police complaint at first saying that she was my wife and I had left her and ran away abroad. Then she filed a case against me of Domestic Violence in which all my family members & Fiance are included. When I consulted a lawyer for this, he said she doenst have any legal proof to support that you are married and the case will not stand for long, however until we could prove this, I could not get married. My marriage was going to happen in one month's time from then (She had planned it well) and hence I did not have any option, but to do a out of court settlement. When this was happening, I was still abroad and my family had received the notice to appear in the court. I begged her to withdraw the case (Via phone), as this is a matter of families and i did not want anyone to be ashamed due to my actions, I had to neotiate to her terms. She claimed a sum of Rs. 10 lac. She made a agreement on a bond and sent it to me via email, which I signed and returned back. On the agreement, she has accepted that she is not my wife and I have agreed to pay a amount of 10 lac as EMI of 70K every month. There is no withness sign on the agreement. She has sent me a withdrawal slip of the case she filed to me via wats app msg which does not have a court seal as well. As mentioned in my first post, I still do not feel secure and not sure if she will go to court with some new ways of extracting money or harassing me further. Please suggest the best way to tackle this problem. Please could you suggest, what can be the consiquence if i do not pay the EMI furhter (I have already paid half of the amount now)

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     04 November 2015

If on the basis of the agreement, she withdrew the case, then she can reopen the case in the event you fail to pay the amount you agreed upon. Still you feel you are getting a sucker punch, you can file a criminal complaint for black-mailing (in fact it is not black-mailing as she is only saying that she will file a court case, which she thinks she is entitled) and wait for the result. In the meantime, if she files any cases, you should be ready to contest it on merits.

SuperHero (Manager)     04 November 2015

Originally posted by : Avinash
Hi, Thank you for the responses.

She had filed a police complaint at first saying that she was my wife and I had left her and ran away abroad. Then she filed a case against me of Domestic Violence in which all my family members & Fiance are included. When I consulted a lawyer for this, he said she doenst have any legal proof to support that you are married and the case will not stand for long, however until we could prove this, I could not get married. My marriage was going to happen in one month's time from then (She had planned it well) and hence I did not have any option, but to do a out of court settlement. When this was happening, I was still abroad and my family had received the notice to appear in the court. I begged her to withdraw the case (Via phone), as this is a matter of families and i did not want anyone to be ashamed due to my actions, I had to neotiate to her terms. She claimed a sum of Rs. 10 lac. She made a agreement on a bond and sent it to me via email, which I signed and returned back. On the agreement, she has accepted that she is not my wife and I have agreed to pay a amount of 10 lac as EMI of 70K every month. There is no withness sign on the agreement. She has sent me a withdrawal slip of the case she filed to me via wats app msg which does not have a court seal as well. As mentioned in my first post, I still do not feel secure and not sure if she will go to court with some new ways of extracting money or harassing me further. Please suggest the best way to tackle this problem. Please could you suggest, what can be the consiquence if i do not pay the EMI furhter (I have already paid half of the amount now)

Dont you have some brains, You consulted a lawyer while going through this but when you signed you didn't consult a Lawyer.

What is this signing and returning it back via email? What is the proof you signed it. 

Even in Court you have to sign beofer Judge and other people.

Atleast can't your Family members check what really happened????

Tomorrow if an XYZ person threatens you, Will you transfer money?? Whats going on..

In this tricky world we are always subject to danger and you just believed her withdrawl of case by whatsapp messages...

You will never feel secure and you will be harassed aslong as you bend and play according to her wishes...

Even if you haven't had time to think, atleast your well wishers or friends would have thought what would be the consequences and how to deal with such scenarios??

I am very sorry if my words are rude and straight forward.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register