LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasan (IT)     12 September 2015

Pejury in crpc125

Wife filed an affidavit contain 3 pages in family court in that she stated some interogates from husband. when cross examining she admitted that 

1. 4 signatures mentioned in the affidavit are not mine

2. The address mentioned in the affidavit are not mine ( She used the same address in main case itself)

Can I file pejury pls advice

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

is your wife a witness? what is the case actually? perjury can be filed only against witnesses.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 September 2015

No one has a right to blow hot and cold in the Tmple of Justice, especially one under Oath.

Srinivasan (IT)     13 September 2015

This is the case of maintainence case filed by my wife. after that she filed an affidavit asking details about husband's income etc. Affidavit contains 3 pages and in each page under her name she signed in 4 places. But when I doubt with that 4 signatures in affidavit my advocate asked about this to my wife during cross.

She denied that this 4 signatures in this affidavit is not hers and the address mentioned in the affidavit are not mine ( She used the same address in main case itself)

This is the situvation

(Guest)

well then i think this is a case of perjury because based on her affidavit you will be ordered to provide maintainance. this affidavit is very important.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2015

If it is  not her signature at all then the affidavit itself is unreliable, she  has not approached the court with clean hands, you may initiate process for  filing perjury against her. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register