LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay (Manager)     06 December 2009

Indian Passport Act 1967

Hi, is anyone aware of a case where a person holds two indian passports and what its outcome was.

Learning

12 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     06 December 2009

Your query is not clear about the facts however, case can be registered against such person under Section 12 of The Indian Passports Act 1967, which entails a five-year jail term and a penalty of Rs. 50,000.

1 Like

(Guest)

A ordinary citizen can not keep two passports. If he holds his passport will be impound or revoke. Criminal action may be taken for surpressing details. Passport is a Government of India's property.  

1 Like

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     07 December 2009

IT IS A CRIME AS PER THE INDIAN PASSPORT ACT 1967, IF U CAUGHT YOU W ILL BE PUNISHED & PENALISED.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     07 December 2009

Dear Sanjay Sir,

its outcome was 

arumainathananugaraham (personal assistant)     29 January 2011

Dear sir,

Against the passport holder the court sent a summon for MC case under Cr P 125 and dismissal of divorce petition against respondant due to non appearance of the court and Exparty order issued by the Family coutr on Conjugual rights.  Can the passport Authority can take against action under passport act 1967 under (f & g). Also hide the facts while renewal can be peanalised against him

Dr. Shravan Tanugula (scientist)     19 March 2012

Hi, I would like to ask if any one can solve this problem. Is it any way a crime that during visit to some other country like europe my wife is carrying my passport with her including her passport by mistake, is it offensive or strictly prohibited according to indian law? 

SANJAY GOSH (OWNER)     20 March 2012

Hi There,

can someone clear my doubts about the passport foregory::

my wife and me getting married on 2004 dec, on jan 2008 her father(my father in law) applied for her passport renewal. they delibrately put the same address as it was on her before marriage. name of her is the same as it was before marriage... they were just try to make the indian passport authority fool that the girl is unmarried, even after marriage.

can someone tell me using which act i should inform the indian government about this fraud and what will be the penalty and prisonment for the same.... in case i want to mail indian passport authority whom should i put in loop...

i will appreciate your prompt response...

ujjwal (none)     23 February 2013

My friend has recently got married.She wants to apply for a new passport because previously she had a passport bearing the name of her ex husband and she doesn't want to disclose these details to her new husband.Regarding her previous marriage details she is still not married to her ex husband as per hindu customs. Just that they had court registered marriage certificate and hence applied for passport.she has no divorce certificate in respect to her ex husband.Now that she wants a new passport in name of her present husband without disclosing her previous details what should she do??

Please reply. very urgent !!!

ujjwal (none)     23 February 2013

My friend has recently got married.She wants to apply for a new passport because previously she had a passport bearing the name of her ex husband and she doesn't want to disclose these details to her new husband.Regarding her previous marriage details she is still not married to her ex husband as per hindu customs. Just that they had court registered marriage certificate and hence applied for passport.she has no divorce certificate in respect to her ex husband.Now that she wants a new passport in name of her present husband without disclosing her previous details what should she do??

Please reply. very urgent !!!

Dorai Raj (NIL)     26 January 2014

Both my wife and I  applied for the reissue (renewal) of our passports.  I am 82 years old and my wife 72.  My passport was reissued without police verification.  During the police verification of my wife's application, I refused to yield to the unreasonable demand of the police with the result the police gave an adverse report.  My wife has received a letter from the passport authority asking her to clarify her position.  There are two charges levelled against her.  Both of them are false and baseless.  Can I ask for a copy of the Police Verification Report and the evidence adduced by the police (under the rules of natural justice) before my wife submits her clarifications and to rebut the baseless charges?   Is there any other remedy available to me?  Please advise.

Both my wife and I applied for the reissue (renewal) of our passports.  I am 82 years old and my wife 72.  My passport was reissued without police verification.  During the police verification of my wife's application, I refused to yield to the unreasonable demand of the police with the result the police gave an adverse report.  My wife has received a letter from the passport authority asking her to clarify her position vis-a-vis two charges leveled against her.  Both charges are false and baseless.  Can I (under the rules of natural justice) ask for a copy of the Police Verification Report and the evidence adduced by the police to rebut the baseless charges?  Is there any other remedy available to me?  Please advise.

Both my wife and I applied for the reissue (renewal) of our passports.  I am 82 years old and my wife 72.  My passport was reissued without police verification.  During the police verification of my wife's application, I refused to yield to the unreasonable demand of the police with the result the police gave an adverse report.  My wife has received a letter from the passport authority asking her to clarify her position vis-a-vis two charges leveled against her.  Both charges are false and baseless.  Can I (under the rules of natural justice) ask for a copy of the Police Verification Report and the evidence adduced by the police to rebut the baseless charges?  Is there any other remedy available to me?  Please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register