LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

azuro   01 August 2015

Police verification and assorted matter .. please help

Today outside sealdah satation a grp police caught me for smoking in public. And i had to sign a form with name, address details and fathers name. they say it was a bail form !! Else I will be arrested. They took my name down in register.  I had to pay Rs 350. They didnt give me any receipt. I am a goverment job assispirant. will this cause any harm? any police verification problem later? or for passport. !! was that mere fine? .. it was many pages.. I had to sign twice.. was that a criminal offence?

Learning

6 Replies

azuro   01 August 2015

Please respond anyone.. thanks

saravanan s (legal advisor)     01 August 2015

its a petty offence and the policeman seemed to have told stories to extract money from you.dont worry.

1 Like

azuro   01 August 2015

Thanks for the promt response sir.

But there were some forms.. a normal fine receipt doesnot looked like that .. The form had 4 pages.

They didnt gave time to read that also.  I am really tensed.thanks for response

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 August 2015

Though this may not cause any problem based on the offence, you may have to be cautious about the police idiots because to close some pending cases, they may implicate innocent public who are trapped this way.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 August 2015

They have some other money fleecing tricks in their bag, and in all probability, they might have given a fake receipt.

The more you fear, the more you are threatened and if these petty offences are considered (including helmet/traffic), Govt can not find single qualified applicant for employment.

1 Like

azuro   03 August 2015

tq for the reply.

It seems practically different ways of harrasement. Should have demanded a receipt. I forgot to mention that two others were caught along with me. None were given receipt and made to sign arbitarily. Even I found a guy who had come to the nearest govt hospital to visit a sick relative. He was caught two days ago and he didnt have the money. He was given a small parchment and he had to come after two days to collect his mobile phone  from them as he lived far.

This is the level they are taking matters to. Offcourse I didnt do right having a smoke but neither did they. Nor even I found out any anti tobacco sign as per COPTA act in the stattion premises.

Tq again..was quite relieved and had an experience.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register