Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMEEZ rahman (system engineer)     24 July 2015

Paternity leave

Dear Sir,

I'm working in an Central goverment educational institution(Autonomous body under ministry of MHRD).My employer is not ready to give much leaves during academic period.My wife's delivery will be there on september which i had planned to apply for paternity leave for 15 days.My query is that can a employer reject paternity leave due to any reason.

Kindly give your points.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     24 July 2015

Paternity Leave]

(i) Eligibility: Male Government servant with less than two

surviving children. Apprentices are also eligible.

(ii) Duration :Fifteen days during wife’s confinement.

(iii) Not to be debited to the leave account. May be combined

with any other kind of leave except casual leave.

(iv) Not to be refused normally.

(v) To be applied fifteen days before or up to six months

from the date of delivery. – Rule 43-A

(vi) Leave Salary : Equal to last pay drawn

this is general leave rules for central government.if you have your own acts and statutes fpor your institution look into it

if it contains anything as shown in bold then you can quote it and ask for leave

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 July 2015

Mr. Saravanan has already posted the extract on Paternity Leave.

It is correct that such leave is normally not refused.

However you need to refer to the leave rules that apply to your establishment and you.

You have posted about leave at other thread:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=124350&offset=1#.VbHj5bV-jMo

The employer/establishment/authorities in hierarchy has to look into other parameters e.g. leave already availed, headcount available etc, as well to run the teaching properly.

You shall need to convince them, if required.

RAMEEZ rahman (system engineer)     24 July 2015

@Kumar Doab

Sir,

I'm working as a technical staff in the institution.I had not taken much leave .Also in the leave application there is a coloumn mentioning alternative arrangement .My friend with same designation is ready to sign for alternative arrangement.I hope in such cases they cannot deny it.

Kindly suggest.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 July 2015

All said and done the leave rules may cite that leave can not be claimed as a matter of right.

Certainly it should help you. As a technical Asst., you should be covered as a ‘Workman’.

Consult and seek support from your employee’s unions/forums……………….and represent to authority………………….and put across your points for consideration.

Remain gentle and amiable.

If the response of the authority is due to some misunderstanding remove it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register