LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zakir basha (Executive)     22 July 2015

Civil case procedure which has 8 heirs

I have a land, which belongs to my grandfather who is no more now. And he has 7 daughters & one son,
Now the land is owned by 8 legal heirs. The land has not been partitioned, it is still in the name of my grandfather. A person residing near this land has filed a civil case against my mom, claiming for the passage from this land to his house.My mom is one of a legal heir. My mom is taking care of this case from 2 years & has spent lot of money without others help. No other legal heirs has interfered & did not helped financially or physically. Can a person file a case on a particular person, for which it has 8 legal heirs? Please guide me to close this case and pleae tell me what can be done further.

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     22 July 2015

Mam,

I mean he is claming passage on the land, he has nothing to do with the legal heirs, but yes if there are 8 legal heirs the case be not proceeded unless, all of them were made a party to the suit, because as a matter of fact they were all necessary parties and will be affected at large.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     23 July 2015

Dear Anudeep

This is the question of easements if you are able to show an alternative way then he cannot claim.

Advocate Nitish Banka

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register