Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh G (Senior Associate)     20 May 2015

Agricultural land registration

Hello,

We have a brought a agricultural land, all the documents were handed over to us but the registration was pending and currently we have only agreement copy from the seller with all his heirs signed, agreement states that they recieved the full money and will register the land to us. we were not able to trace the seller as it was sold to us 15 years back.

The agreement was however in my father name and he has expired now. is there a way to get that registered? can anyone help me with the process. Agriculture land is in a village in Nellore, Andhra pradesh.

Thanks

Mahesh G

Learning

9 Replies

bsrao   20 May 2015

No. You cannot get it registered without the help of the seller or their family.

First trace them (seller or his/her legal heirs) out. Discuss with them. They may refuse as the rates have gone very high. They may even say that they repaid the money to your father and the agreement copy is not returned to them. I suggest you take a compromise route to close this.

A document this old will be very difficult to become enforceable. 

1 Like

Mahesh G (Senior Associate)     20 May 2015

Thank you bsrao!!! the lawyer i have consulted also said the same. i wanted a second opinion and you have helped me with that. I really appreciate you for responding to my query.

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     20 May 2015

Pl. go to Tahasildar office and take 7/12 extract that property was in seller's name.  Since it is sold to you (your father)  and executerd the agreement, file  8/12 extract to bring your name on record.

1 Like

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     20 May 2015

Pl. go to Tahasildar office and take 7/12 extract that property was in seller's name.  Since it is sold to you (your father)  and executerd the agreement, file  8/12 extract to bring your name on record.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2015

If you are sure the original vendor is no more and died long back, you may implead his legal heirs and file a suit for specific performance of contract requesting the court to direct the legal heirs to execute the sale deed on the basis of unregistered sale agreement executed by the deceased after receiving full sale consideration amount.

Mahesh G (Senior Associate)     03 June 2015

Thanks Jeevan and Kalaiselvan for taking your time to respond to my query.

I really appreciate your help on this.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 June 2015

You are welcome for your appreciations. You may send the feed back or update if things worked out in your favor. 

2 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     11 June 2015

have you checked with the registration office whose name exist from the date of your father purchased the agriculture land if not then apply for the encumbarance certificate and see thus they sold that land to any other person or any encourchers are there in that land to smoothen your process legally

richardjohnson   12 June 2015

Originally posted by : bsrao
No. You cannot get it registered without the help of the seller or their family.

First trace them (seller or his/her legal heirs) out. Discuss with them. They may refuse as the rates have gone very high. They may even say that they repaid the money to your father and the agreement copy is not returned to them. I suggest you take a compromise route to close this.

A document this old will be very difficult to become enforceable. 

I agree with you Bravo.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register