Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jitesh (student)     04 February 2015

Electricity thief

hello sir/madam ,

my name is jitesh chauhan , i stay in chembur , mumbai.i own a shop at chembur which is currently close for the past 6 month. Relaince energy has cut electricity connection for the safety purpose,& instructed us to build a new meter box. i along with 11 other member built a new box at another location (because of objection from one of the member to which meter box was earlier situated near to his shop ).Reliance energy officer came and done Board wiring but my supply was not restored.my shop was given on rent which got vacant as agreement expires and still vacant past 6 months.

i got a past 2 months  bill amounting to 4200. but the unit consumed was zero.i talked and wrote to the Reliance officer regarding the same.but they gave me in writing that meter reading taken is actual and the unit is consumed by you.

two of the member is forcing me to take my meter at separate location, but i denying taking it. i stay far away from my shop ,past 6 month i hardly opened my shop 4 times that too to show shop for the customer showed interest to take on rent . 

i am feeling that two of member purposely stealing my electricity and reliance energy officer are involved in it and harassing me so that i fed up paying huge bill and remove my meter to separate location 

Reliance energy says if someone is stealing your electricity then we are not responsible.my electricity bill is in mothers name .

my question is ..

1)As a Son can i Complaint to the Police station ,can police help me in these case ..

2)can i go to the consumer forum & launch a complaint as the supply was not restored and i have to end up paying bill for the service i have not received.(who will complaint mother or me)

3)can i launched a complaint against the reliance officer for assisting the local in stealing electricity.

4)is my case not strong enough as i have only one bulb holder connected in my whole shop & investigaing officer can also see all spider webs all around my shop.

please help me and guide how to launch an FIR.& what all thing i can request to the police i.e about various section of law involved in it 

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 February 2015

You can lodge a complaint with  the local police about the theft with all the supporting documents in your possession.  This is a sessions offence, hence the police will certainly look into the matter soon.

1 Like

Reliance Energy (Brand)     07 February 2015

Hi Jitesh, we regret the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly help us with your account number and contact details for us to look into this matter on priority. 

Also, for speedy assistance on your query, you can connect with us on our official social media channels:

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RelianceEnergyMumbai

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Reliance_Energy

Regards,

Team Reliance Energy

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 February 2015

You may verify the authenticity of the above reply and go ahead with the suggestion made therein if it is trustworthy.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register