Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Request consultation for divorce

Hi,

I am Revathi (women age 28). I am working professional. I am married to Mr.R.Raja (age 30) in June,2014. We got engaged in March, 2014 and there were many problems between both of our families because of financial matters. But our marriage happened amid lot of problems. After marriage also we faced lot of problems between our families and also between us. Most of the reasons are because we havent given some home appliances and because I am not conceived yet. (Basically all very simple matters, but had caused big problems)

In December 2014, my husband is diagnosed with blood cancer (Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)). The chances for getting him cured is only 30%. And he recovering as fully cured person after 5years is only 5%. I have paid for his first chemotherapy using my health insurance and with my jewels. My husband's family is not willing to spend any money(though they have property).

My parents and I are very disappointed as this has happened only within 6months of marriage and they are very concerned about my future. As I was also not very happy with my husband's family, I would like to break this relationship. This is not mainly because he is suffering in this disease but because they way he behaved with me after marriage. He believes and listens his brother and mother mainly. And I am sure he will come back after treatment and behave the same like before. 

Now I have below queries, please throw some light.

1. Will I be able to get divorce immediately as we are married for only 6months now.

2. How long will it take for me to get divorce after applying at this point in time

3. I am not sure what my husband thought is and if he will accept for mutual consent.

4. Will I get any wealth share from my husband's property.

5. What would be the approx cost of the divorce case

Please share any points that would help me.

Thank you.

Your truly,

Revathi Raju.

Learning

11 Replies

Sandeep Hegde(89 717 84 550) (Advocate)     08 January 2015

Hi,

You can apply for divorce on the grounds of Cruelty. 

but to file the divorce case you have to wait until your marriage completes one year.

During that time you can check the intentions of your husband, if he is ready and willing to give divorce, then you can file MCD or you have to go for Contested divorce. you can file the case in the jurisdictional court where you are residing.

Regards,

Sandeep Hegde

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     08 January 2015

Illness, ailment and happiness goes and comes, till this time you cooperated and now when he is about to come, you are presuming that after he return home will not behave good is negative thoughts, but if you want to severe relationship is different and then speak to your husband as Sandeep advised.

Illness, ailment and happiness goes and comes, till this time you cooperated and now when he is about to come, you are presuming that after he return home will not behave good is negative thoughts, but if you want to severe relationship is different and then speak to your husband as Sandeep advised.

Illness, ailment and happiness goes and comes, till this time you cooperated and now when he is about to come, you are presuming that after he return home will not behave good is negative thoughts, but if you want to severe relationship is different and then speak to your husband as Sandeep advised. Sorry to say, you may not get any wealth from the property of your husband.

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     08 January 2015

Hello Revathi,

If you have lost all your love and trust on your husband, then Sandeep has given you the legal way to get divorce.

But if you have some love and trust left on your husband, then please invest your trust on your husband.

Investing trust and love gives back plenty of happiness over the period of time.

Also, your questions are contradicting.

On Question 3, you are not even sure about what your husband is thinking.

Why haven't you talked to your husband first before contacting this forum?

"3. I am not sure what my husband thought is and if he will accept for mutual consent."

But, on question 4, you are really interested in getting a share in his property.

"4. Will I get any wealth share from my husband's property."

That is so sad and pathetic. 

Why does a wife want share in her husband's property when she has decided to break the relationship?

You introduced yourselves as working professional. So, I hope, you can earn very well for yourselves and support yourselves.

In any case, as per existing law, "WIFE DOESN NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT ON HUSBAND'S PROPERTY UNLESS SHE PAID FOR THAT ROPERTY."

You can only claim for alimony and court will award an amount considering all facts.

Your husband is having cancer and will have lot of medical expenses. 

He may take many more months before going for work.

So his paying capacity will be less.

As you are working professional, YOU WILL NOT BE AWARDED ANY ALIMONY ALSO.

And lastly, "He believes and listens his brother and mother mainly" is not a crime Revathi.

Everyone in this world listens to their brother and mother. You also do the same.

And after marriage, everyone needs to balance between all relationships.

The members of this forum wish that every marriage is saved than broken.

Please ask yourselves of how good your husband is and think about the hurdles of doing a second marriage. You will get an answer.

I wish you good luck and peaceful life.

naveen (business)     08 January 2015

hi revathi,

prasad has told rightly, u better think properly before taking any any adverse decision.

dont think of any share in ur husbands property when u dont wann lead life with him nd dont forget that he is suffering with acute and sever decese. in india its too difficult and tedious process of getting divorce. wait for few more days as to complete one year of ur marriage. sit alone calmly at least for an hour and think properly to decide about ur future life.....,

if u need any suggestion plz write without any hesitations...

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     08 January 2015

i wont abandon even my pet dog when it gets ill ...
1 Like

(Guest)
Thanks for your replies. I will surely think before doing anything. I want him to come back normally before even taking my points. Hi Prasad, your detailed reply will surely help me decide better. Just to clarify you, I want share from his property because I want to donate everything to the cancer institute where I am treating my husband. Because from my inlaws house they haven't given single penny for saving my husband. I have also asked my husband to donate 3months of his salary to cancer institute after seeing the pain in people here. When my husband's uncle asked for 3lakhs from my husband property, my husband's brother told first let him come out of icu, else I can't waste money. He strongly believes because of me this disease came and fought with me in front of all the doctors. My horoscope is the reason is what he told. My parents and I have been insulted many times. We feel helpless. Thanks, Revathi Raju.

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     09 January 2015

Hi Revathi... 

I solute to your noble thought of donating to cancer institute by getting share from your husband's property.

You have also told your husband to pay his 3 month salary. Great.

I am sure life will be good with you. 

I wish you lead a lifetime life with your husband.

I hope your parents also would wish the same good for their beloved daughter, that is you. 

Above all, I wish that your husband recovers from cancer sooner.

SuperHero (Manager)     09 January 2015

If you really had the intention to donate money to cancer institute by looking at the pain of the fellow human beings. I Salute You.

People always want to throw blame on others which is very easy.

Wish You Good Luck. Hope all will be better.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Revathi Raju

Hi,

I am Revathi (women age 28). I am working professional. I am married to Mr.R.Raja (age 30) in June,2014. We got engaged in March, 2014 and there were many problems between both of our families because of financial matters. But our marriage happened amid lot of problems. After marriage also we faced lot of problems between our families and also between us. Most of the reasons are because we havent given some home appliances and because I am not conceived yet. (Basically all very simple matters, but had caused big problems)

In December 2014, my husband is diagnosed with blood cancer (Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)). The chances for getting him cured is only 30%. And he recovering as fully cured person after 5years is only 5%. I have paid for his first chemotherapy using my health insurance and with my jewels. My husband's family is not willing to spend any money(though they have property).

My parents and I are very disappointed as this has happened only within 6months of marriage and they are very concerned about my future. As I was also not very happy with my husband's family, I would like to break this relationship. This is not mainly because he is suffering in this disease but because they way he behaved with me after marriage. He believes and listens his brother and mother mainly. And I am sure he will come back after treatment and behave the same like before. 

Now I have below queries, please throw some light.

1. Will I be able to get divorce immediately as we are married for only 6months now.
If he contests it, 7-8 years.  If he agrees for MCD, you get divorced in 6 months.

2. How long will it take for me to get divorce after applying at this point in time

3. I am not sure what my husband thought is and if he will accept for mutual consent.
Talk to him.

4. Will I get any wealth share from my husband's property.
Not fair.  You shouldnt be thinking of property..........................

5. What would be the approx cost of the divorce case
Cost?  Dont worry about cost, now its time to think, re-think about life itself.

Please share any points that would help me.
Be there for him, dont abandon him now like this.  God is watching.

Thank you.

Your truly,

Revathi Raju.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register