Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (engineer)     03 December 2014

Difference between judgement copy, decree and order?

Hi,

Going through the forum I see the terms judgement copy, judgement decree and judgement order are being used interchangeably. Does all these three terms mean the same ? or each term ie., judgement copy, judgement decree and judgement order have different meaning?

Learned members of this forum please throw some light on this for clarifications. I am talking about these terms in reference to the divorce cases.

Thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 December 2014

The decreetal order will be the plain decision by the court with regard to the judgment of the case.  The judgement will contain full discussion of the case including the complainant's version, defence version, points to be considered, settled laws relied upon, arguments by both the sides and the court's decision with its reasons for the judgment pronounced.

1 Like

Ajay (engineer)     07 December 2014

Kalaiselvan sir,

Thanks for the reply.

"The decreetal order will be the plain decision by the court with regard to the judgment of the case."

My understanding is that this decreetal order will carry the decision of the court i.e.) if the divorce is granted or not, but the ground for divorce will not be mentioned in this decree. Is that right? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks again.

Ajay

The decision of the court by a decree will be on the grounds only.  If the divorce is granted on the grounds or cruelty or any other grounds, it will be mentioned in it.  The elaborate narration will be made in the judgement.

1 Like

Ajay (engineer)     07 December 2014

thank you sir.

You are welcome

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register