LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreejith (Managing Partner)     20 November 2014

1 litre water costs rs 30/-

I have been charged Rs 30 for 1 litre drinking water in the Cinema Theatre Complex, while the printed MRP was Rs 20 only .
Its also the same in the case of every product that we purchase from theatre Complex. I would be gratified if i am aware of the legality in these 'overpricing'.

Can i have some expert opinions on this issue and possibility of legal actions.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 November 2014

Do you have copy of the bill or any evidence/witness/video etc to establish? The following decision of NCDRC can be helpful..... THE complaint under Legal Metrology can be more rewarding. https://164.100.72.12/ncdrcrep/judgement/00101224164223699RP55006.html
1 Like

Sreejith (Managing Partner)     21 November 2014

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab

Do you have copy of the bill or any evidence/witness/video etc to establish?

The following decision of NCDRC can be helpful..... THE complaint under Legal Metrology can be more rewarding.

Thank you Mr Kumar for a useful link in this regard.
At present i don't have a bill, but in a day or two i am going back to the same place for arising my queries.
It is to be surprisingly noted that no one is aware of the exploitation taking place  or else they are not ready to raise their voice.

And what if they wont give me bill, as it is not a common practice to bill.
Kindly note its is similar to a 'Tea Shop'

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 November 2014

The onus to provide evidence may fall upon you. You may have to do the needful to record the Declinature to give Bill by shopkeepers, Declinature by Manager, management, to capture stance of the management that the commodity shall be sold @ Rs...only.. Alternatively you can take the Inspector appointed under Legal Metrology, Food Inspector, NGO,media etc and they can write their reports... You should avoid altercation leading to unpleasant situations...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register