Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv. Santosh K. Dubey (Advocate & Lead Attorney.)     07 November 2014

"police act " - advocates opinion required

Dear Friends,

Not taking much of your valuable time, i hereby present a short story on basis of which i would like to have opinion from all my learned friends, kindly contribute to this topic.

"A" is man married to "B" ("A"'s wife) having one daughter "C" who is aged about 6 years, at the time of this story occurance "B" is pregnent..... Now one day "A" alongwith his wife "B" and daughter "C" went in afamily function at a relatives place and came back home late at night about 12:30 AM, (here it is worth mentioning that at this time "A" inspite of being fully concious but under the influence of alchohol, sudennly after half an hour "B" felt severe pain in her stomach and "A" after searching for medicine and being unfortunate to find one leaves for a nearby medical shop as there was no one else whom he could send, on his way to medical shop he was stopped by a police constable and a ASI and was taken to lock up .... was detained there till morning and produced in district court .... (Being booked under Police Act) he had to confess pay fine and then he was released.... but what about the wife who suffered whole night any thing disasterous could have happened .... my question is that how efffecient and worth is this law, shoul it be altered / modified ? kindly give your opinion.

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 November 2014

Dear, One crime is different, many people are dying and there sons, husbands and brothers are in jail. It's no defencr. But yes he could have requested since its not a.serious.offence, but police is doing their job. Adv kapil chandna, 9899011450
1 Like

Adv. Santosh K. Dubey (Advocate & Lead Attorney.)     09 November 2014

Can we have some more opinion please

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register