Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanniappan (Later)     17 October 2014

Can i cross the witness, me accused

Dear Lawyers

Thanks for your time and help. me Grateful for you and this forum, 

I  have a case in one of the district of Tamilnadu, the case is 498a, 272 a / f, 

Regarding cell phone abuse, I engaged lawyer, i do not have much faith on him, the case longed for 7 yrs, now i got direction from HC to end up in 3 months, he is crossing the Witnesses, but me not quite happy with the way he ask question and represent me, 

Shall i ask the permission to court to cross the witness myself ? will the court allow ? if not allowing what to be done?

regards

Kanni

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     17 October 2014

If you do not have advocate and show your willingness to cross examine the witnesses, the judge has to give permission.  If you have advocate and has not turned up in the court on that particular date and you show your willingness to cross examine the witnesses, the judge has to give permission.  But cross examination is not a child's game.  Think it over before  take a plunge.

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 October 2014

You can cross the witness by your own by taking permission from the court, for that you have to withdraw your advocate from your case and you have to fight your case party in person , cross examination is a very crucial stage in any case so many tricky questions have to be asked for favouring your case its not so easy as you think , you can do one thing sit with your lawyer and talk to him what questions should be asked while cross examination of witnesses and make further strategy .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register