Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goddy (Manager)     09 September 2014

Abscond with kid??

Dear all,

We r NOT DIVORSED, there is NO CASE against me by my wife. Wife residing with her parents for 2yrs. Now, Wife gone abroad, and my daughter (4y old) residing with inlaws. My Daughter didnt had passport (to my knowledge or with my consent)

1)can wife get daughter passport made without my knowledge and leave country with my daughter?

2) can I get her custody, in absence of wife? 

Please help.

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 September 2014

1. Passport she can made without your signature, but taking minor without your consent abroad depends upon that particular country's Visa policy for minor(s). Check country data.

2. Yes you can provided you apply under GWA The Act.

[Last reply]

2 Like

(Guest)

@ author

Although on law I have zero knowledge and I am nothing in front of tajob sir. He is genius . But I was in same fix what you are facing now. Exactly   2 years ago, I had tried a lot to have my son passport but failed.

As per passport act both parents needs to signs on passport form  or consent from either parent or unless below conditions meet:

• Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child's travel is restricted by that order); or
  • Adoption decree (if applying parents is sole adopting parent); or
  • Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the child; or
  • Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent; or
  • Death certificate of non-applying

Tajob sir with due respect, please correct me if I am wrong.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 September 2014

@ Vicky,

1. Annexure 'G' is required to fill to get passport in case applied by one parent/guardian when consent of one or both parents is not possible  

2. Annexure 'C' is required to fill to get passport in case parents are separated but not divorced

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

@ Vicky,

1. Annexure 'G' is required to fill to get passport in case applied by one parent/guardian when consent of one or both parents is not possible  

2. Annexure 'C' is required to fill to get passport in case parents are separated but not divorced

Thanks a lot @ tajobsindia

letsfight (engineer)     12 October 2014

Hi Goddy,

Can you reach me on 9902210641

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register