Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rao (Cashier)     05 September 2014

Notice period

Hi All,

I married nearly 3 years  ago and have been living separately far away from my legally wedded wife for more than 2 and half years. A week ago, I applied for a divorce on the ground of her desertion and non-consummation of marriage.  How long will it take for court to send the divorce notice ?. Some lawyers say 10 days and others say it will take upto 1 month or 45 days. Is there anyway I know whether the respondent received it or not. Please share your experience and procedure that the court follows. Thanks in Advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 September 2014

1. 15 days
2. Seek delivery report information from Court Registry much before next date of hearing.  

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2014

You  can come to know about the receipt of the notice by her with the developments that are taking place around you if she had received the summon.  However, with the help of your advocate, go to the court after say 15 days to 20 days, confirm from the central nazir section of the court the fate of the summon whether she received it or not, this way you can be prepared for the next event on the date of hearing.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register