Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

diana chauhan (marketing & sales head)     28 August 2014

Is there a punishment for breaking the engagement?

hi, 

i m a 30 yr old women got engaged on 6th of july a week after the engagement i got to know that my fiance is already having an affair with a married women who is not aware of the engagement. when this girl learnt about the engagement she came up to me with the truth. my fiance was still involved with her physically even after he got engaged to me. 

now i want my justice which is y i have thought of filing a complaint against him, is there a legal punishment i can give him??? plz advice

Learning

19 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 August 2014

Read my reply in similar query and be empowered !

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Breaking-the-engagement-has-become-crime-now-61946.asp#.U_76M9KSxME

Observation:-
In social circumstances it is highly unlikely a married lady committing adultery will come and confess to a girl about her adultery even when confronted. No married lady does so i.e. leaving trail of adultery just on drop of womanly gossips. Be it so even if you put a case against the boy as advised via above link prosecution will have tough time establishing a case for you and result will be in this married lady’s marriage breakup from her husband who society believes is not going to keep quite the moment your side send Court Notice of her extra marital affairs and well you most likely will still struggling from court to court. Be it so you can still try following the Law and appraise forum of your criminal charges outcome to empower others. 

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     28 August 2014

You can file a police complaint u/s 420 of IPC
1 Like

diana chauhan (marketing & sales head)     28 August 2014

thanx for taking out time n replying to me, well i want to punish this guy so that henceforth he doesnt perform this kind of fraud against any innocent girl

Q Slinger (NA)     28 August 2014

But what do you expect out of it? Are you looking for pure vengence? If a friend lied to you, would you go file 420 on them? 

Filing cases is no fun...ask around and you will see how many people have burned their hands when it came to trying to teach husbands and bf a lesson. My thoguhts...kick the adulterer out and continue to lead your life in peace.

Jimmy (Manager)     28 August 2014

Can I ask you a personal question? R you ugly or uneducated? Then its understandable. Only ugly or uneducated women used to go after vengeance in such matters - cause they had no confidence they will find another man.  U caught him before UR marriage. Move on. I say "used to" because there R options like cosmetic surgery these days. 

1 Like

diana chauhan (marketing & sales head)     30 August 2014

this guy has been doing the same with various girl, u still want me to leave him n spoil more lives???? i mean wat if the same would hav happened to ur sister or daughter still u would hav an "move on" attitude????

diana chauhan (marketing & sales head)     30 August 2014

if i dont stop him now he will go ahead spoiling more lives, i will do my bit as a human. 

Jimmy (Manager)     31 August 2014

Sister, if the same would have happened to my real sister or daughter, I would advise you exactly the same: Move on. In any case, if you want vengeance, going to Court is not the right way to go about doing it.  I am not encouraging anything but simply telling you that going to Court, and everything that will come out during trial, would be more painful for you, not to mention detrimental to your reputation, then to him.

1 Like

(Guest)

U dont have any other work kya?  heehee

1 Like

Q Slinger (NA)     01 September 2014

From Diana's statements, she sounds like a bitter and a negative person who wants to do what ever she wants and has no regard for suggestions from people.

She probably came here looking for sympathy and and ideas on how to extract revenge. Given her age, I am sure it has been difficult for to even find a guy and the when she did, I am sure she also had a part to play in driving him into arms of another women. Now, insecurity is beginning to show and in her panic, wants to do what ever she can do get "justice". 

I think its best if we kill the thread right here and let her deal with own problems in a way her tiny brain can perceive. 

Diana: You remind me of Nisha Sharma and her fake dowry case.. 

rebellion (fighting against bias law)     01 September 2014

@Author

Make sure you have enough proofs if you moving ahead for this as this is really serious allegation  and it will be real problem for you if it backfire on you hope you understand my point.

Suggetion : Be Open for difference of openion when you are asking their advices

diana chauhan (marketing & sales head)     04 September 2014

I WOULD APPRECIATE IF PEOPLE GIVE ME ADVICES AND STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW SMALL MY BRAIN IS AND STOP PULLING ME DOWN. 

@REBELLION YES I DO HAVE ALL THE EVIDENCE ALONG WITH THE GIRLS HE FOOLED IN THE PAST...THEY TOO WANT JUSTICE SO THAT HE STOPS HIS ACT OF FOOLING GIRLS RIGHT AWAY, JUST FOR UR KNOWELEDGE EVEN HIS FAMILY IS ON MY SIDE, THE ACT HE PERFORMED IS SHAME FOR HIS FAMILY TOO.

THANX FOR ALL UR ADVICES.....

Q Slinger (NA)     04 September 2014

So you are basically agreeing with what ever I said!

Go ahead file the cases..when he files counter cases on you, maybe then your miniature brain can finally get some sense in it.

diana chauhan (marketing & sales head)     04 September 2014

@QSLINGER I CHOOSE TO IGNORE U, THX FOR UR REVERT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register