Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopi Jayaraj (SE)     13 August 2014

Thoti inam land

Dear Respected Sir,

I am planning to buy a residential plot in Hulimangala, Electronicity, Bangalore. A property developer has partially developed a layout and got the layout plan approved from govt. The layout has BDA NOC document. The developer says that the land is is not a grant land but a "Thoti Inam Land" and there wouldn't be any dispute in the future. He says for this type of land, sale permission from Thasildhar is enough and gave me that document. I consulted a lawyer, he says we need sale permission from Deputy Commisioner to be sure. But developer says that SP from DC is not needed for "Thoti Inam land".

Please let me know 

1)What is "Thoti Inam Land"?

2)What all documents are required to be sure to buy this property?

All my hard earned money will be invested in the property, please provide me Advise/solution and help me.

Eagerly waiting for a response

Thank you ALL.

Learning

4 Replies

Dear All,

Please advise me 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 August 2014

I think your advocate is right and in my opinion, it is better to follow the advise of the local advocate, because the very nature of land is that it is a free allotment to some deprived community with conditions for re-sale strictly attached in the allotment letter.  Did your developer show the original allotment letter to you? Permission to convert DC land from competent authority is essential or else it may create problem in the future.  The developer will pocket his money and will vanish but it will be you who will suffer till the settlement is finalised in a court of law or otherwise. Better be cautious, why do you insist on that particular property alone, why don't you go for a property free from all such problems/encumbrances?

1 Like

Dear Kalaiselvan,

Thank you for your valuable opinion and reply. I will ask this document with my developer and if he does not provide, then will drop my plan of buying this land. I was very much interested in this property as it was under my budget and near to my office, but since it has risk I will start searching for other properties. Thank you again for the valuable feedback. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 August 2014

You should always exercise extra caution when you have planned for heavy investment in the assets because they involve your life time savings.  Always have opinion and second opinion in case of all such doubts before investment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register