Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashu (vedio editor operator and anchor)     03 August 2014

Have all the legal marriage documents, how to face police?

we performed love marriage, we both are major and muslims. and have enough proofs to prove the fact! even we have got Marriage certificate. It was a Nikah actually. but now the problem is

her family is forcing her to leave me, she is not ready for this! now only the thing is police! her relatives has a strong contact with police, 

I just wanted to know, where to go if police is against us??

I am a media person but dont want to ruin my image infront of every one!

suggest the needful. 

thanks.

Learning

8 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 August 2014

Originally posted by : Ashu
  XXXX

I am a media person but dont want to ruin my image infront of every one!

suggest the needful. 

thanks.

If a legal wife is ‘forcefully’ kept in confinement by her family members and/or they are creating ‘obstruction’ in seeing-off her to her ‘matrimonial home’ then in such event you may approach State’s HC for issuing directions to police to produce your wife and there before the Bench takes her ‘statement’ in open Court on her ‘wishes’.

The above is the only option available when and when if such ‘event’ happen but only confidence you should have while taking such call before State’s judiciary is that ‘she’ should ‘speak freely’ her mind to live with you before ld. Justices.

Another way out since you say you from media is to do expose police nexus and it comes under responsible citizen journalism; after all Indian marriages are a “public affair” so why shy away or keep them under cover in garb of medieval thinking that it will ruin your image.

[In my opinion a persons image is ruined when he is not able to snatch newly married wife off from in-laws come how much connections in-laws have, afterall a married man should have that much self-confidence!]

Here is a self realisation question for you; suppose tomorrow everything is all right between you and your wife and suddenly one fine day a boy in neighborhood takes your wife to Manali. Will you tell me that your image will be ruined since you from media ? Wake up,  media is one of the strong independent pillars of ‘democracy’ in case you still donot know about powers of your own profession under guise of medieval thinking on some phony self-image!

Now see where you yourself stand by telling me that you are from media as if you were telling me you are some kind of God but asking a query that also in human beings forum!

[Last reply]

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 August 2014

Very well explained and advised by expert Tajobsindia, I fully agree and appreciate his frank opinion/ advise to a media person belonging to a very strong, powerful, bold and frank (although under the shakles/ sword of censor of executive hence cannot be callled as "free) fourth estate of the State.

Be bold tell your beloved to remain your life partner enjoying your married life. She must be mentally and physically prepared to leave her parents wishes, Almighty as well as law is with you, if they choose and dare to disturb your married life.

1 Like

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     03 August 2014

Be brave and have courage to face thr odd situations. जब प्यार किया तो डरना क्या । You people are married persons. You can take the help of local Collectorate administration under Cr.P.C. Contact your local counsel. Moreover, follow above stated opinions of the learned brothern.
1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     03 August 2014

You both are muslim its clear , you have marriage certificate from sub registrar office or only nikah nama ? if you have only nikahnama then registered your marriage in the sub registrar office , you will get a valid legal proof of your marriage, it is a simple procedure to register your marriage your local lawyer will do it , you have to arrange two witnesses for that , further if you both are major and your wife is with you then no need of worry if her parents are against this marriage and they have registered a fir against you , you both go and surrender before the court and record your statement there also exhibit your registered marriage certificate / nikahnama , you will get relief from the lower court , if you think for your life threat for that you can move to the high court for seeking yours protection from your in laws , hc give direction to the ssp of your district to provide protection to you both or you can also move an application in the ssp office and ask for protection from your in laws as your life in danger .
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 August 2014

Very perfect and proper opinion and advises rendered by both  the experienced expert advocates namely TajobsIndia and Dr. Vashista Sir.  I fully agree with both the people's views.  The author is from a powerful community of the country, i.e., media, which is a fourth estate and pillar of democracy as well as a helping hand to all those distressed and helpless in the country acting as bridge between them and the authority by highlighting the plights, what is the reason that the author is so much frightened about his own community, i.e., media?  This is very strange.  What is your worry about it,  though her people have strong contacts with police or anyone, you know what police will do, so be prepared for all those possible onslaughts by police or anyone with the help of your friends in media and tackle the issue accordingly. Don't lose your courage.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 August 2014

Thank You very much Mr. T. Kalaiselvan for your appreciation and frank expert advise.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 August 2014

Dr. Vashista Sir, you are welcome and also thanks for your appreciation.

1 Like

sankar P (supervisor)     07 August 2014

Very good suggestions received from the LCI Experts,

Many thanks,

BEst Regards,

Shankar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register