LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Waghmode (Education)     01 August 2014

Interim maintenance

I am unemployed person, my wife filed DV act for interim maintenance, whether i am eligible to pay IM to my wife

Learning

6 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 August 2014

if you can prove that you are unemployed then no maintenance and why you are unemployed\

swati (hhhhhh)     02 August 2014

Hello Adv Mahesh,

The reason why he is unemployed is probably bse he doesnt want to pay his wife IM or rather this is the reason why that his wife is giving him divorce. 

There should be law to send all those unemployed husbands to go and earn and fulfill the responsibility of being a husband and father so many wives wont need to take divorce. 

And as far as my knowledge goes if the husband though unemployed but has income from other sources then still he will need to pay IM....am I right?

Thanks.... Swati

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 August 2014

Originally posted by : swati
  Hello Adv Mahesh,

The reason why he is unemployed is probably bse he doesnt want to pay his wife IM or rather this is the reason why that his wife is giving him divorce. 

There should be law to send all those unemployed husbands to go and earn and fulfill the responsibility of being a husband and father so many wives wont need to take divorce. 

xxxxx

1. In this very forum there are hundreds of wives who though highly educated and  working are now claiming to be un-employed to get maintenance from their husbands. 

2. Donot you think there should be a Law to send all these wives to work being able bodied read with educated and (previously) or currently  working instead of scavenging husband’s hard earned income. 

3. Many wives leave work or hide their working status before Court and take divorce to seek free maintenance too. 

Moral:

You asked in a separate post a question to this forum, stick to your question and seek its answers instead of making generic sweeping comments as above comment of yours is in bad taste as you are also eyeing properties if your separate post is to be read down!

2 Like

fighting back (exec)     02 August 2014

fitting reply by TAJOBS.....................

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     03 August 2014

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 August 2014

This forum is meant for rendering opinions to the distressed seeking clarification on the legal issues, therefore the sarcasm and criticizing the author unnecessarily may be avoided.  To author's query, if she is not able to establish your source of income as alleged in her petition, her petition may not be considered for maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register