LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surinder Singh (Centre Head)     30 July 2014

Maintanance case

We have two childs. My wife has registered a maintenance case.  Two hearing has been done. But I did not receive court order (summon) to present in the court. I have not attend the hearing too. Pl suggest me that without receiving the court order, is it better for me to appear in the court or not? She is residing with her brother & Father from last two months. Now  it is  possible that she can register a case u/s 498a? Pl. suggest. Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     30 July 2014

If you know the court dates for your maintenence, it is better if you attend, even if you have not got the summons.

1 Like

Surinder Singh (Centre Head)     30 July 2014

Sir, I want to delay the case, so that she should aware of the harassment in the court campus. One side she is ready to stay with me as my relatives told me and another side she is fighting a case.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     30 July 2014

Better to approach the Court immediately on receipt of notice/summons.

Make arrangements through an Advocate for appearance and for assisting to effect  compromise

1 Like

Surinder Singh (Centre Head)     31 July 2014

Sir

As mentioned earlier, I have not received  notice/summons from the court. Should I appear in the court without summons? It is justified or not?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     31 July 2014

Dear Querist

No need to appear before court without receiving the summon/notice from the court, when you received the summon/notice then engage a lawyer and appear before the court. your main aim is delay the proceedings then it is automatically delay, so no need to appear without receiving.

Feel Free to Call

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register