LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Mcd failed

It seems judge has no time so he sent me and my wife for counseling 6 times already. During 6th time he wanted us to discuss MCD option and if we are ready then he will grant divorce but my wife as expected asked 1.5 crore from me and I offered 1.5 lacs so MCD failed. Now rather than dragging case too long I am thinking of filling counter petition to divorce her on the basis of wife deserted husband. So far interim maintenance has not been passed. My wife is working but she is hiding it from me and court. I am trying to gather evidence but I am wondering if recording is legal. Please let me know if it is better to tell judge that I am ready to give my wife divorce now as after 6 counseling she is not ready to compromise. I am ready to pay for my child but she is denying access more than 1 hour a month. As per high court guidelines I should be given 90 minutes access everyday and 3 hours on weekend. I filed complain but judge sent us for counseling.

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 July 2014

If wishes were horses beggars would ride. Against this backdrop read down;

1. Divorce is not granted by just expressing once wishes. It is presented by way of a suit matter and contesting it is right of opposite side. Procedure of Law is followed to grant decree in such divorce proceedings and not by mere saying it in Chamber of a ld. judge !.

2. Counseling of parties is explicit direction from Hon’ble SC to all Family Courts and thus every effort to send parties for no. of counseling sessions are/is norm followed by Family Courts as per Apex court directions. The more counseling the more insight one gets of opposite side's mind, hence it should be attended with open mind.

3.I donot know based on which case parties were sent to counseling. Nevertheless if you see 'grounds' available in accordance with Law then you may file divorce suit. 

4. I donot know if you are confused on some specific Hon’ble HC ‘guidelines’ in your case OR are pointing to Maharashtra / MP HC issued ‘guidelines’ or have actually got in one of case matter of parties such ‘specific guidelines’ accordingly? Nevertheless such ‘guidelines’ are actually to be shown to apply to individual case(s) approaching for the same by way of an explicit Order and is not taken for granted as just being there so it applies to my case! 

5. The complaint is filed before the Court which passed such visitation direction. Here you are referring to State’s HC guidelines’ and in same breadth saying to me that you filed complaint before trial Court so it does not fit squarely as it falls under Contempt of Court jurisdiction and if State’s HC has given such guidelines’  direction then that is the forum to agitate by parties. 

6. Introspect why MCD failed (other than 1.5 Cr vs. 1.5 L issue) and try again approaching counseling pressing different angle and only if, if it suits cause title of your query before me.  
Illustration (as pointer may not suit your cause, but do read it):
In a similar agitation case of roughly same financial compensation figures r/w a child out of wedlock of parties; after repeated failure in no. of counseling that parties attended I advised the boy to agree for the just figure but pay that in installments in lifetime subject to showing ‘regularly’ visitation of minor to non-custodial parent and aloha the couple read down the lifetime logic and agreed and walked out of their marriage soon enough meeting agreed professional fees :-) 

PS.: She is still your legal wife, you know more about her so it is natural that only you shall solve her Ganges of mind.

[Last reply]

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2014

If she has filed a divorce case against you, it is because you have been giving her a tough time by strongly protesting her case that the same is getting dragged on.  If you are really intending to break your marriage, you can submit to her prayer requesting dissolution of marriage by a decree of divorce.  You can file a memo before the court stating that since all the efforts for a reunion failed and it is no more possible to continue the matrimonial/married life with her, you are consenting to the divorce she  prayed for before this court but minus her allegations.  as far as the visitation rights granted by court, you may protest her behavior by petitioning the court  and seek court's intervention if she violates the court order.

(Guest)

Thank you experts. I am travelling abroad for a year now so I am wondering if I should file a petition with my lawyer for dissolution of marriage or wait till I return to India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register