Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta (sr executive)     03 July 2014

College refused to return academic documents

Dear/Ma'am,

I had taken admission in a dental college in navi mumbai and submitted all my original academics documents,caste, validty,domicile document during admission but unfortunately i was unable to continue coz of personal reasons, but paid the fee of 1st year and finally quit.

The college has refused to return my document and asking me to pay the fee for all the 3 years of my dental admission and then take away the certificates.

Please requesting you all to guide me as to how to deal with the same.

Can college keep the students' documents as a deposit??

Its been 10 years I am asking for my documents

Learning

6 Replies

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     03 July 2014

Your query as been already replied by honorable Experts of this forum

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 July 2014

The college can not retain the original documents at time of admission. The college can not retain these as collateral. For rules of Payment of Fees, Certificates go thru State Education Act and guidelines issued by Univ. with which college is affiliated.
1 Like

Shweta (sr executive)     03 July 2014

Thanks for the reply Sir..so do I have to send any legal notice or lodge a complaint??

Shweta (sr executive)     05 July 2014

Dear Sir,

please suggest my next course of action

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 July 2014

since 10 years why have you not taken any legal course 

thus have you meet any lawyer regarding this if meet then what steps he had suggested 

first issue a detailed letter to the college authorities through registered post ack due and wait for their response written response and after the waiting period you meet a lawyer to issue a legal notice and next step 

Shweta (sr executive)     06 July 2014

Ok Sir..will do that

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register