LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

The Rock (X)     12 June 2014

Married woman files rape case against batchelor boy

I am an engineer. I met with a girl on a social networking site 3 yrs ago. she briefed herself as 25 yrs old unmarried girl to me. We became friend and started talking with each other on phone. After 3-4months, she asked to come at her place n meet. i went there n came to know that she was married having age 8 yrs more than me and was having a daughter of 8 yrs old. Her husband is in paralytic condition since last 7 yrs.That night i stayed at her house n we developed physical relations between us.We continued to meet for 2.5 yrs every after 3-4 months. After a year or so she started asking me to marry her as she loves me but as she was married, 8 years older to me, of different religion i told it is not possible. she kept on asking n i kept on refusing, ultimately she filed a rape case against me saying i made false promise of marriage. i was jailed for more than 3 months. Now case is under trial, can anybody give advise, what should i do?

Learning

10 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     12 June 2014

Other than getting a good lawyer, please join Save India Family in your city immediately. They can be contacted on 08882498498 or visit https://www.saveindianfamily.in/ to find a local chapter in your city.

Regards

Ajeeet (Executive)     12 June 2014

What is your cell no, i'm suffering from similar case and would like to talk to you

(Guest)
Hire a good criminal lawyer. ..without seeing your charge sheet advice cannot be given at this stage. thanks sunishchai sachar 9711259959

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 June 2014

you have to engage lawyer.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 June 2014

having s*x on the promise of marriage is also treated as rape.  But in this case the facts are peculiar.  Both and and she were well aware that marriage cannot take place so the concept of false promise does not fit it.

2 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2014

I agree with the views of expert Mr. Sudhir Kumar on the subject issue that even consensus s*x on the basis of false marriage will be treated as rape in thee event of the person cheating her after wards. but in this as rightly observed, it cannot be construed as false promise at all because the marriage cannot happen due to a subsisting marriage.  This can be treated as an extra marital affair by her out of her marriage and the reason and justification for her such  can very well be established owing to her husband's chronic incurable ailment especially which handicapped him from indulging in conjugal relationship with her.  This will be a strong grounds of defence to you. You may engage a prudent advocate and demolish her case.

2 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2014

you can be accused of adultery not by her complaint but on her husband's complaint.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     18 June 2014

hiring a good lawyer will solve your problem and but one more thing is to be noted as said above is that with all knowing you interacted with her and kept relation this point will make you suffer in this case

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 June 2014

agreed with K Mahesh.

you have actually dug deep.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     30 June 2014

Better to engage a lawyer to get rid of this problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register