Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Relational query

Hello Team,

I am new here and would like to know the judiciary of our country in every possible way so that can take proper action when something goes wrong with me or in the surroundings.

I would like to know as I keep reading in papers that a girl has filed a case against a guy as he promised to get married and then after making the relation, the guy denies to get married. Is there any law if after a relation(Not a live in relation) of 3 years if the girl or her family denies to get them married then the guy can also file the similar case against the girl and her family???

Regards

Learning

7 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 June 2014

Luckily No.

Even the girl filing the case on boy has been curbed by Supreme Court after it declared that consensual relation made under the promise of marriage is not Rape.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
www.shoneekapoor.com

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks for the clarification, Sir. What if the girl or guy tells about their ex to the would be or husband/wife of their ex about to marry. I know its morally wrong but saw another thread where the same situation was there with no replies from lawyers.

Does it come under any legal law that one should not tell of their relation with ex to the ex's husband/wife??

Your profile is proper as the signatures are there for any contact however I have seen many replies where the lawyers are just posting to contact them for resolution instead of giving it in the forum. don't we have any moderators here for such lawyers because a forum is for general discussion.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     04 June 2014

sometimes some Magistrates are not inclined to pass order s.91... instead u can file apln seeking prodn of her docs, if she is qualified there rare case laws

(Guest)

@Anamika

Could not understand the shortcuts, please explain in detail so that it would be useful for others as well searching the same in Google.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 June 2014

The problem with our society is that our society is under the phase of transition. We have loads of freedom and everyone does get involved in affairs and all. And whenever we get chance, we do live-ins etc too.

However, when it comes to marriage, our attitudes shift, we need other person to be pious and should be of the mould which our parents are made of. 

This transition does not have any legal solutions, just broaden your mind.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

(Guest)

@Shonee Kapoor

Still, I see such cases in newspaper daily even if as you said that Supreme Court declared that consensual relation made under the promise of marriage is not Rape.

Yesterday, I saw that a girl when got pregnant in a live in relation has files a rape case against the guy when he asked her to abort the child. She just filed the case or any action can be taken by the boy as if she got pregnant or a pregnancy of 3 months then obviously its a consensual relation so what can be done in such case and it again makes my question unanswered then??

And don't we have other lawyers here as in a forum of 25k Alexa, I hardly see number of replies in comparison to the members or most of the lawyers are here to seek clients only instead of giving advices

Thanks
Regards

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     17 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register