Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MrDinoMorea (O)     15 March 2014

Any mediation specially in judge's chamber after arguments?

Is there any rule that after everything is almost done, including arguments, there HAS to be a mediation with the judge in his chamber only, between the 2 parties, to decide on the alimony?

Can either party REFUSE it?

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 March 2014

Something done before the judge in chambers is not a mediation. Mediations are done with mediators and are confidential - the judge only gets to know the outcome.

1 Like

Adv. Neha ( )     16 March 2014

@ Author

Sometimes, after hearing both the parties, judges before giving any order tries to convince both the parties for a consent .

Adv. Neha

Shiva......... (owner)     16 March 2014

Exactly same situation I am facing. Everything is over and it's due for judgement. And now Judge has called my parents and her parents. I don't know why?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 March 2014

The last minute patching up work or reconciliation can be done by the judges before passing on the judgment, there is nothing wrong in it.  That is why a last minute effort is being taken by the judge in the chamber, this is above any mediation.  However, either of the party can refuse it, there is nothing illegal about it. What it the opinion of your counsel about this?, please proceed as per your counsel's advise on this issue to avoid any possible adverse impact in the case.

MrDinoMorea (O)     21 March 2014

Originally posted by : T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate

The last minute patching up work or reconciliation can be done by the judges before passing on the judgment, there is nothing wrong in it.  That is why a last minute effort is being taken by the judge in the chamber, this is above any mediation.  However, either of the party can refuse it, there is nothing illegal about it. What it the opinion of your counsel about this?, please proceed as per your counsel's advise on this issue to avoid any possible adverse impact in the case.

Thank you sir....I hope judges won't be offended if the petitioner husband refuses any discussions with the opposite party?

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     22 March 2014

do not refuse to talk.

put forth ur own terms and stick to it.

refusal to talk & settle without quarreling shows adamant nature

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register