Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rehamt alli (assiant)     14 March 2014

Miss use of cheque by my partner

Dear all respected member

i was a business partener in a travel agency ,in 2013 february i have lost my 4 leaves of cheque from my cheque book in my office i searched everywhere and did not bother so much as they were not signed and also cosult my partner about the loosing of the cheques but he responded negative ,but now after 6 months i had left the partnership business due to misunderstanding with my partner. So now he is playing game with me and threatenng me about that lost cheques and deposited one cheaque of amount Rs 40000/-with forged signed and bounce demaded me with notice  then i go to police station so the matter is resolved but he ignored other cheques and did't file any case further, i also didn't file any complain against him and i stopped all the cheques that i didn't earlier due to lack of knowledge but again he bounced another cheque of 1lakh and send notice to  me, so i again got the police station but police didn't listen to me, i think he may be bribed them. So i request u all please sugest me apropriate steps what to do now 

Thanks&Regards

Rehamat Alli

Learning

10 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 March 2014

File a police complaint, lodge FIR otherwise move to Court for dierctions to lodge FIR, proceed in this complaint case and issue instructions to bank to stop payment .

1 Like

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     14 March 2014

u MOVE FORGERY UNDER SEC 17 OF CONTRACT ACT AS ALSO OVE PROVATE COMPLAINT BEFORE RELEVANT MAGISTRATE!

Rehamt alli (assiant)     14 March 2014

Dear sir

Today i have goten the summon from court ,please tell me what to do.

plz plz plz .......... for all memeber

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 March 2014

Engage a local lawyer, attend the proceedings on time and contest

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     15 March 2014

Cheque was from your personal account or from firm's account ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 March 2014

@Rehmat Ali: How did you resolve the first complaint through police?, if it was under a compromise?, why did you nt inform police about the other cheques held by him, then?, If you deny the signature and also can prove that you have no legal liability or debt to be paid to him, you can very well deny and issue a reply notice and challenge the same in the court.  The burden of proof will lie on his shoulder. In the meant time, if you remember the numbers of other cheques too, firstly inform your bank with the instruction to stop payment and also lodge a complaint with the police for having lost the cheque, obtain a CSR/acknowledgment from police and deal with the other notices accordingly.

Rehamt alli (assiant)     15 March 2014

respected trivedi sir-Cheque book is from my personal a/c..

respected T. Kalaiselvan sir-I resolve just verbally ,and he denied that he had no cheque with him in Pstaion - yes there is no debt to paid the prove is my bank statement ,passbook, or he can't show me about any debt as i never borrow from anyone in my life, i have gone to police station they refused to keep complain against him

Thanks

respected T. Kalaiselvan sir-I resolve just verbally ,and he denied that he had no cheque with him in Pstaion - yes there is no debt to paid the prove is my bank statement ,passbook, or he can't show me about any debt as i never borrow from anyone in my life, i have gone to police station they refused to keep complain against him

Thanks

Thanks

SURJIT SINGH WALIA (SENIOR ADVOCATE)     17 March 2014

engage a lawyer and file acomplaint before the Court furnish all the documents of partnership and seperation from the firm

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register