Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nadeem (Team Leader)     30 December 2013

Free lance consulting alongside full time job

Hi,

I'm currently employed full-time with a company.

Another company has offered me a consulting job to advise them and help out on a new project they are working on. Tentatively it will be a 1-2 month work which I can work on from my home & during my off days. This will not impact my existing commitment.

Can I accept this consulting offer without any legal implications from my existing employer?

I read about dual employment but I wasn't sure if this case would also be considered as dual employment as the second job is not a full time job but a part time consulting work.

Thanks for any guidance.

- N

Learning

4 Replies

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     30 December 2013

Read up the documents you have signed with your current employer. Usually it has clause that prohibits you from working elsewhere. Advocate Pooja Hegde R.
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 December 2013

Usually it stated that employee shall not engage in any other venture.

You may go thru standing orders applicable to the establishment and extended to your designation/service and conduct rules or service codes and regulations/HR policy or whatever else it is termed in your establishment.

It is always better to avoid conflict on such matters and seek beforehand clearance.

If any other family member is doing it then there should not be any issue.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2013

nothing more to add

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     12 January 2014

agreement/bond between u and you employer is necessary to follow.have a look on that paper and follow accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register