Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venky (rental)     10 November 2013

Leave and license lock in period.

this is what is mentioned in my leave and license agreement:

"It is agreed that in the event either licencor or licensee desire to terminate the agreement after 6 months lock-in period, and/or prior to the expiry of this leave and license agreement for whatever reason, the licensor or licensee may do so by giving a one month prior notice in writing. " 

my question here is  (1) Do i have to give a notice of one more month after the 6 month lock in period.  OR  (2) can i vacate at the end of 6 months.

for example 6 months lock -in period ends on 30th nov, so should i give a one month notice on 1st Nov or should i give one month notice on 1st Dec?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 November 2013

Yes, you will have to give notice of one more month and you can i vacate thereafter.

1 Like

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     10 November 2013

yes it is clearly mentioned, u have to give one month notice if vacating after  expiry of  lock in period.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 November 2013

Your question itself has an answer that you have to give one month notice to vacate before the expiry of leave and licence period.

venky (rental)     13 November 2013

thanks for all the replies. Now the licensee says that we have to read the "lock -in period" and "notice period" clauses separately.

He says that he can give the one month notice at any time during the 6 month lock in period and vacate at the end of 6 months. is this correct ?

OR

Does he have to give notice period after 6 months lock in period and then vacate in the 7th month? 

JohnEdwards   30 December 2017

It is for the first time that I have been hearing about this agreement. I had to search for more information from the best essay service. This is an useful agreement that everyone should know about.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register