LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2013

Heena,

Your case seems to be very pathetic.  But remember that you have not stated any reason for your husband's sudden attitude or decision to abandon you, whether is it due to not meeting the excess dowry demand? or due to any cruel attitude and behavior of either side? or what is the exact reason.  There can not be any relief until the problem is convincingly expressed.

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     07 November 2013

First try to solve your problem amicabily by taking help of elders from both sides , give your full efforts to reconcile the matter , both of you husband and wife have to realise your mistakes and then sort out the solution , set aside yours ego and think for your better future. 2. if you don't want to continue your marriage then file dowry harassment case u/s 498a ipc, 406 ipc for getting back your stridhan , DV and crpc 125 you had already filed . 3. don't file divorce case let him file . 4 engage a lawyer for handling your case .
1 Like

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     07 November 2013

@Heena, I should not be advising you because I hate women who abuse their husbands. Perhaps you did something to warrant such treatment from him? Here is what you should do:

• Send him email asking him to return all your Sridhan and other assets to you ASAP. Give him a deadline.
  • Tell him that you will be writing to the District Attorney of the State in U.S. complaining about what he did to you...
  • Tell him that you will be writing to the U.S. Ambassador in India demanding that action be taken through the U.S. Attorney's office in the state in the U.S. where he resides. The U.S. Attorney's office is feared as it comes under the Federal Govt and the U.S. Ambassador will at the minimum be required to do something about it.
  • Tell him that you will be writing to the U.S. Immigration service, presuming that he is not a U.S. citizen complaining...
  • Tell him that you will write to his employer, if he does not return your...
  • Tell him that you will be writing to the numerous agencies in the U.S. who get into Domestic Violence cases.

I think that should do it. You will get your jewelry back. BUT DO NOT EXECUTE YOUR THREATS. You will be opening a Pandora's box and afterall he is your husband. That is a promise I expect from you for giving you this advice that YOU WILL NOT TAKE THIS STEPS BUT WILL ONLY use them to get your Sridhan back. I would like you to consider making life easy for him and try to resolve your differences. Take a look in the mirror and see if you have wronged him and rectify the problems from your side too. I am giving you harsh remedies. Do not use them unless you exhausted the Gandhian approach.

1 Like

(Guest)

gone

(Guest)

@ sameer sir, i have already sent an email to the Embassy thru NCW....second..i hav eput a personal email to his boss an his aquantice!!!nothing seems to hav eworked so far..

(Guest)

what made you think that his boss will solve your marital problem? I wonder will you women ever think? Did it work at all? Even if remotely a reconciliation is possible, you will make sure that it gets abandoned. You want to get him by force, which will anyway not work.

(Guest)

i mailed after trying for like 6 months....he changed his phone and adress...but i wanted him to feel some pressure....as his dad ...had cleared that he will no longer ome to india or continue the marrige....In any case his dad n later he also......made it clear his intensions.....I did not do anything in haste i waited and Tried thru FRIENDS N FAMILY...

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2013

Heena,

I think Samir has suggested you the right way of approach to your problem.  International forum on Protection of Women from Domestic violence are more active and the laws are more stringent than what is prevailing in India.  Since your husband is stay put at USA, you have chances to get relief through one such forum functioning in USA. Though your FIL is a police, he cannot take law into his hands, there may some higher officials controlling him or write to the State Women Commission seeking their help in resolving the issue especially to direct your in-laws people to return at least the streedhana property which is your absolute property.  As per Hindu culture, the jewels and other articles gifted to the bride by her parents in law including the gold in mangalsutra (nupital thread), are generally not considered as Streedhana property hence the girl when claiming back the jewels and other articles offered to her by her parents, the boy's side will jump into the arena with a counter claim asking her to return the items which they offered to her during the time of marriage and as a moral turpitude, the girl side return or exchange them for their items. However check the status of the custom prevailing in your region, law is not specific about such cultural events. Well, if you apprehend that your continuance of the married life is no more possible with him, why do you have to waste your time waiting for him in vain, along with other petitions, why dont you file a divorce petition also?, there is no compulsion but certain aspects are to be decided simultaneously when events, season and atmosphere changes. 

498 A fighter (Advocate)     08 November 2013

Heena you are not telling correct fact and true things , in first query you told he left suddenly, you may be/are correct but it is illogical,

now in next , you said they were torturing you for demand of dowry,

then you says your husband remarried secretly,

now you want your belonging back from you mother in laws,

so these thing indicated your married life is not going well from begining and you know when you come to india then your husband will send you to your mother father and you also come here for that, he came only to drop you here in india and it is understanding between you and him , [not sure] but hope so,

If you are true instead of you belonging y ou have to fingt for taking your husband back but you are fighting /querring for material things, so you had planned to get seprated/ go get divorce. if so then just file the case of divorce first , then you can apply for you belongings

life is more important then material things, so better save your life if  your husband is not good enough to  you, free yourself from him and resettle by searching a new life of your choice who will work, walk, wave according to you.... erase past life and past memories , dont move round to court police and involve yourself in game of legal battle.... it is time consuming , and money eating game.....

here dry and wet coal both burns equally, and its warmth enjoyed by others..

498 A fighter (Advocate)     09 November 2013

her query get solved , she deleted her account.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register