LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanni (business)     24 October 2013

Rti

sir,plz tell me the procedure  to check weather a criminal is pending or not in a district against me through RTI.

Learning

14 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2013

Write to district Suptd of Police seeking the information, but why suddenly this doubt, whether you were involved in any crime and suspect to have criminal case pending against you?

1 Like

sanni (business)     25 October 2013

sir,actually a long time ago me with my two friends because of roaming late at night caught by two policemen  but released early in the morning after taking sign in a register.so i want to know did they register the case or not?should I go to that p.s. or write to s.p. anyone of it can create a problem to me ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2013

If that incident occurred long ago and there is no intimation about any case in the court of law in this regard, do not worry, the police would not have taken further action on it and might have closed it endorsing that no further action needed.

1 Like

sir,actually one of my friend told me that they can file chargesheet any time.the incident happened three years ago

sir,actually one of my friend told me that they can file chargesheet any time.The incident happened three years ago.should i worried about it sir.

Kolla V. Raman (Founder Chairman of Global Lgal Services)     25 October 2013

Ifs and buts does not from facts, your question is a foolish question, your friend told you that police file charge sheet, is there any meaning in it, once F.I.R. is filed police arrest Accused it is very simple you have not been arrested that mean there is no case pending against you. 

Kolla V. Raman (Founder Chairman of Global Lgal Services)     25 October 2013

Ifs and buts does not from facts, your question is a foolish question, your friend told you that police file charge sheet, is there any meaning in it, once F.I.R. is filed police arrest Accused it is very simple you have not been arrested that mean there is no case pending against you. 

sir,when two policemen caught us they took us to police station and we were released in the morning after taking sign of us in a register.was it not a arrest?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2013

The police took you and your friend and kept you both for the whole night, released you the next morning took you signatures in a register.  This is what is your problem?  The police have not initiated any action on the said custody that night, so it is just a custody and not arrest followed by a FIR.  Do not worry about which is not there before you now, let us see what and when it comes. 

sorry sir,I could not understand the meaning of last line"what and when it comes".is it mean that it can create a problem in future or I should not worry because three years have passed

Gagnish Singh Khurana (Prop)     25 October 2013

If you want to be More sure and to avoid the dilemmas and combinations, please write RTI to the same police station and ask for the daily Diary register copy of the same date  on which you and your friend was taken in custody. Hopefully police has only taken precautionary signatures from your people to teach you some sort of lesson etc.

Anyways roaming at night is not an offence, maybe you were involved in some nuisance also. Bygones are by gones...for clearing your doubts....file a RTI .

Go for it.

sir,I don't remember the date even exact year also.so can I file rti to ask weather a case is pending or not in that p.s. 

Gagnish Singh Khurana (Prop)     25 October 2013

Sorry, the information you want is vague and not specific. You do not remember date or year, so forget your case also. Nothing is going to trouble you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 December 2013

opened new threads

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Need-help-91064.asp#.Uqh-i_vQyVE

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=93753&offset=1#.Uqh-mPvQyVF

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register