Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Consumer court case - procedure

sir,
is it  possible to file a consumer complaint online...or a in person appearance is needed.
i mostly travel a lot and am not sure in case if i a  file a case in consumer court, i needed to present each time for any hearing... i currently live in chennai.....i dont want to involve my old age parents as representatives in this case

how many hearings are basically needed in consumer court cases?
also, i see many cases dragging for years in consumer court...any way to get this fast tracked...
i wanted to file a case against a company for selling a defect washing machine worth 45k.

please advise

Learning

4 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     07 October 2013

There is no online case filling procedure in consumer courts in India;

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     07 October 2013

Now a days normally consumer courts making decision with in 6 to 8 months i.e.-5 or 7 hearing !

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 October 2013

You will have to visit the Consumer disputes redressal forum, engage a local lawyer to contest (minimum 6 maximum infinity dates), some states have arranged online, please check

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 October 2013

To provide simple, speedy and inexpensive redressal of consumer disputes, the CPA envisages a 3-tier quasi-judicial machinery at the National, State and District levels.
  1. National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, known as National Commission, deals with complaints involving costs and compensation higher than Rs. One Crore.
  2. State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, known as State Commission, deals with complaints involving costs and compensation higher than Rs. Twenty Lakh and less than Rs. One Crore.
  3. District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum, known as District Forum, deals with complaints involving costs and compensation less than Rs. Twenty Lakh.
Consumers can file different types of complaints depending on their specific grievance by visiting the Consumer Court at the district, state or national level along with the documents required for filing the complaint.
Following is a list of documents that the prospective complainants need to carry with them to the Consumer Court at the time of filing the complaint
Cases at District Forums
Consumer Case (CC)
Miscellaneous Application (MA)
Criminal Petition (CP)
Interlocutory Application (IA)
Execution Application (EA)
Cases at State Disputes Redressal Commissions
Consumer Case (CC)
Criminal Petition (CP)
Interlocutory Application (IA)
Revision Petition (RP)
Transfer Application (TA)
Review Application (RA)
First Appeal (FA)
Caveat Cases (CV)
Criminal Appeal (CA)
Cases at National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC)
Consumer Case (CC)
Revision Petition (RP)
Transfer Application (TA)
Review Application (RA)
First Appeal (FA)

Thus I think you are satisfied that cases cannot be filed on line; As far as the fast proceedings, in our country there are lot of constraints in pushing forward the cases expeditiously so you have to bear with it and adjust your programs accordingly.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register