LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mdmdmdmdmd (director)     20 August 2013

Delay in project & no infra structure

I am a nri, purchased a villa nearby pune, I was mislead by advertisements of International school, super market etc etc, It's 5 years now, the completion was very much delayed and as of today no confirmation of any school, sole reason for buying was for child to study at the renowned gdst school, what kind of protection i have with the new real estate regulatory law, looking for a qualified smart lawyer to get back principal and compensation, and also expose this scamĀ  via media outlets, have detailed records of all correspondence with false promises, newspaper ads, pics of billboards at building site.etc - I have not taken possession of property.

Learning

3 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     20 August 2013

You are NRI bought villa near Pune. You mentioned that the Builder violated terms and conditions mentioned in the Sale Agreement etc. Real Estate Regulatory Act, is not yet passed by the Parliament of India, Bill 2013 is introduced in the Rajya Sabha recently. You will have to issue legal notice first  and then file case in the Consumer Forum for Deficiency of services.

1 Like

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     20 August 2013

land conversion was done , or was it a residential land or still a agriculture land, NRI cannot purchase agriculture land in india, that is the first violation. kindly check out this and go for further process.

mdmdmdmdmd (director)     21 August 2013

no issue about land use na n not na, as this is a new location, about 40 kms from pune city, builder had promised and advertised that all daily life requirements will be taken care, along with International school for children etc etc but now they have only completed the villas and pushing to take possession, minus all the amenities, ofcourse -on sales agreement not everything is mentioned, but their newspaper ads, billboards at sight, email promotion offfers etc all this was mentioned, I understand from news media, real estate regulatory authority bill was approved on 4th june 2013 - it mentions a jail term of up to three years for those developers who put up misleading advertisements about their projects, repeatedly etc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register