Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Complicated case - need views

Hello everybody:

This is a query I got through private message.  I have explored all options for this particular case.  Just to make sure myself that I have explored all options and not left out any, I post this query here, so that I come to know any.

Hi Mr. Helping Hand,

I got married in 2007 Feb, i have got a kid of 5Yrs old boy, My MIL used to torchure me for my salary, she is dominating in nature, and stingy, over possessive and jealousy. MY FIL is a drunkard, he never used to lookafter my MIL properly, so she cant tolerate any husband and wife living happily. She never used to give us the Privacy, always poking her nose in between husd and wife and see will see to it that she will create a problem between me and my husband. If i go for job she will say your are coming by 8pm in the evening so pls stop it. As my profession is PA i hv to stay till my boss leave. I tried to convince her but it is of no use. Then i left after that she created a problem telling that your wife sits and eats a lot ask her to pay for it. What ever i do she keeps finding out mistakes.My Hubby is a moms boy always supports her? She is used to provoke my husband to beat me? she wants my salary also? She wants one or the other valuable gifts from my brothers also. We both used to quarrel a lot? Then being a tricky lady she did separate house and later always making my hubby to sit in her house by telling all wrong things against me. He made his office in his mother's house never used to come to my place, if i ask him he used to beat me up and later started taking my kid to his mothers place and blacking mailing me that he will never bring my son After that also she was torchuring me in her own way? mental harassement always telling me that if i dont listen to her she will make her son to give divorce to to me. And she also mixed some black magic powder in my food twice in my hubbys absent. After that he stopped giving me money for my rented house, and always used to black mail me that if i dont come to her mothers house i will divorce you After quarlleing with me. So i consumed sleeping tablets, was admitted to hospital, but no police complaint lodged as my husband convinced me that to tell I took tablets mistakenly.  He left my rented house, stopped giving me rent, my kids fee, everything he stopped. I told him to bring all elders from my side also for discussion but my mil and hubby refusing. Now they want to go to Mahila sahayavani? PlS SUGGEST what can i do in this situation? IF i go there she will torchure me and no support from my hubby and he is not ready to come here? PLS SUGGEST HE IS CLAMING that his mother is too old(she is 69 yrs of age but still Physically fit)no body to look after here? So he cant come leaving his parents IS THIS JUSTICE? HOW LONG I CAN BEAR HER TORUCHURE especially for money. SHE IS SPOILING MY KIDS FUTURE? WHT DOES THE LAW SAYS ? should it stay with here bearing all torchure which is highly impossible for me. I want peace of mind. IF she is old that does not mean she can do what ever she want? Should i also try consuming sleeping tablet and attempt suicide?  What effect will it have on me as I want my husband back and my motehr inlaw punished as per law.   PLS SUGGEST WHAT' S THE SOLUTION.  

Learning

24 Replies

(Guest)

The husband has been scared off by the act of the wife, ie attempt to suicide.  The husband has got one brother who does not live in India, but abroad who wont ever come back.

He does not want him and his widow mom to go behind bars due to some stupid act of his wife.

His mom is 70, and wants someone around.  As son he has given optinos to wife, to shift to his mom's place, but wife wont come to MIL house, when he said I go, you stay here, she took sleeping pills.

This time he is double scared that she will do it again, but that wil be of no use even if she does try commit suicide by consuming pills.  

She will be at most termed as habitual and even if sentenced it will be 6 months in jail and rehab.

(Guest)

The woman in question is adamant that husband leave his mom and come and stay with her in the rented accomodatiion.

The husband and his mother are not ready for talks.

But on the other hand husband can easiliy go to court asking for divorce.

Wife does not want divorce, but wants husband back at any cost.

Filing section 23 PWDVA 2005 will also be of no use.

Filing a 498a will worsen the situation, there wont be marriage left anymore.

(Guest)

Just referring the case to CAW cell is also a problem, woman will be thinking of getting solution.  Husband will think, they called us to police station.  Dont want wife only.  And will file for divorce subsequently.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 August 2013

1.    Wife should proceed on ‘separation’ under Civil laws.

2.    Wife should proceed on maint. for child and un-employed herself incl. rent for residence under same Civil laws.

3.    After the statutory ‘separation’ period re-conciliation of couple if they want same to continue or explore possible re-union, if such acts fails continue separation with a decree of divorce with alimony.

Reason:
In such facts ‘fault’ has to fall on one spouse and it could not be said both spouse are ‘scarred’ of each other! How that could be? A neutral advisor is not to see if there exists in this world ‘ideal spouse’ yet take a stand giving client(s) ‘natural justice’ as they bring 'their facts' on board for 'a just' remedy. 

You could not give advice and brought third party query on board since your upper story got clouded 'picking' up a side, see the other way round.....

2 Like

NGOKC (pm)     16 August 2013

wife shld take up rented accomodation near mil's house that way husband can look after both

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     17 August 2013

All kind of torture. black magic threatning of divorce, not giving money for kid and rent.

She should file a Dv case asikng for all available remedies.

Protection order against physical abuse, maintenance for child, SHARED HOUSEHOLD.

I strongly condemn Tajob for the idea of separation.Because this idea gives a Fatherless life to the child for no fault of it.

I see here no chance of reunion unless husband can differentiate the position of his wife mom and wife in his life.But divorcor separation is not necessary for the child.

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     17 August 2013

same as above..

:p

(Guest)

Need some solutions for getting husband back to wife.

(Guest)
This is where marriage counselling can help a lot. Let the couple go for it. Husband's take here is critical. He is the right judge. He has to make his priorities clear. If he takes his mom side then amicable divorce is the solution. Counseling will help him take a right decision. Blackmailing with pils wont work at all.
1 Like

(Guest)
This is where marriage counselling can help a lot. Let the couple go for it. Husband's take here is critical. He is the right judge. He has to make his priorities clear. If he takes his mom side then amicable divorce is the solution. Counseling will help him take a right decision. Blackmailing with pils wont work at all.
1 Like

(Guest)

Update from querist:

Hi, I never did it with any negative intention. They always used to threaten me, if i dont listen to them, they will go to court.... and so. Now, I dont want to loose him, bcos all this is happening bcos of my mil. Why should i file for divorce? SHE IS THE ONE CREATING PRBLMS BETWEEN BOTH OF US BCOS SHE IS JEALOUSY IN NATURE. SHE DID THE SAME THING WHEN SHE WENT TO MY ELDER BROTHER IN LAWS HOUSE IN ABROAD. But try to give me solution, how to escape from divorce (Suppose if he produces that evidence to court) Thanks

The husband has full details about how she took sleeping pills including a detailed medical report stating that she took it on her own will and that no one was responsible for her act.

(Guest)

Tajobs, Ranee, stalker, NGOKC, Raj 123, S. Shravan Kumar. Thank you so much for the suggestions..

Except Ranee and stalker all suggested legal ways.  

I believe that to be married, to have a kids, husband, wife.. thats family and not all are blessed with such a thing in these days of short tempered natures.

What I suggested to this female is approach your MIL and husband with your father and mother along with kid.

Try to find a midway, due to differences while staying together ie MIL, son and DIL and kid, the MIL herself has made arrangement for DIL and son and grandchild separately in the same city, but same can be changed to a nearby place, keeping in mind the present rented accomodation is quite far and travelling itself will become tiresome keeping in mind the distance.  Like this the husband will have to only keep moving between mom and wife's place.

So I suggested to vacate the present house and take a nearby house to that one's of MIL, like that husband will be a good husband and also a good son.

Reformist !!! (Other)     19 August 2013

Hi Helping Hand,

I think the best way out is to ask the husband to install CCTV cameras where he live and then stay with his wife. When she has suicial tendencies, she may implicate him anytime due to no fault of hers. Recently a lady went naked outside her home in night at 2am because the husband was questioning her on her affair with her boyfriend. She created nuiscance while she was naked and the husband was beaten mercilessly. 

Then the husband showed the SMS exchange to the police and neighbors happening between her wife and the paramour......After that the lady went inside and now she is not even leaving him and is continuiing her extra marital affair and husband has no options left just to bear her and he is so much scared and confused......

These actually are human tendencies, suicidal tendency should not be ignored.

CCTV cameras must be installed so as to save himself from any false case......

AND THEN ASK him to take some accomodation nearby where he can look after his parents and wife both and let both families sit and decide on the future course of action.

Also, there shall be no bindings on husband from wife side that he should not meet his parents.........and same for wife.....

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : 498aweddinggift

Hi Helping Hand,

I think the best way out is to ask the husband to install CCTV cameras where he live and then stay with his wife. When she has suicial tendencies, she may implicate him anytime due to no fault of hers. Recently a lady went naked outside her home in night at 2am because the husband was questioning her on her affair with her boyfriend. She created nuiscance while she was naked and the husband was beaten mercilessly. 

Then the husband showed the SMS exchange to the police and neighbors happening between her wife and the paramour......After that the lady went inside and now she is not even leaving him and is continuiing her extra marital affair and husband has no options left just to bear her and he is so much scared and confused......

These actually are human tendencies, suicidal tendency should not be ignored.

CCTV cameras must be installed so as to save himself from any false case......

AND THEN ASK him to take some accomodation nearby where he can look after his parents and wife both and let both families sit and decide on the future course of action.

Also, there shall be no bindings on husband from wife side that he should not meet his parents.........and same for wife.....

According to the wife herself, her husband has collected enough proof that she has got suicidal tendencies.

As per me, its like sitting on a time b-om-b, ie living with this kind of female, where one cannot even guess what she will be doing next.

Hence, the husband has moved out of the place, has already contacted a lawyer and is in the process of filing divorce, [MCD] by starting with talks with the wife and her family, in the presence of the lawyer.

It  appears to me that this female has tried lots of tricks to make the husband dance to her tunes, but now that she has tried and failed everything including attempt to suicide, she is repentful, and wants the husband to be back to her some how.

In the given case, the husband wll surely get divorce as he can easily prove that the wife has got mental issues and has suicidal tendencies too, [medical documents of neary 4 years + one MR where she consumed sleeping pills in large quantites where her stomach had to be emptied and was admitted in hospital for a week.]

Now the ball is in the husband's court.  It is totally up to him what step he will take.

Mediation sessions and counselling sessions have taken place N number of times, each time it failed due to stubborness of the wife, that husband should not go and meet his mother. 

I have tried to explain the importance of son meeting the mother, but the lady in question is very adamant and wants to file false cases on her MIL and husband for not listening to her.

If anyone may wish to speak to this lady, I will be glad to share her contact details with you via PM, only if you think your counselling might help the couple stay together.

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register