LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Voice recordings

I have Voice recordings in My mobile phone...My lawyer is saying it cannot be used as evidence.But it is clear evidence that other person is abusive, took things from home. 

I have also some other recordings which saved in my mail from past. Would these be accepted?

Learning

11 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     06 August 2013

Electronic recordings are admissible in evidence u/sec 65 A&B of Evidence Act.

(Guest)

I have also some other recordings which saved in my mail from past. Would these be accepted?

how the authentification of the voice recordings as evidence will be taken could you please explain

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 August 2013

Already answered by advocate Bhartesh Goyal. Just produce it before the Court and demonstrateto the court  how those electronic evidence came into your possession. 

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 August 2013

Only the recordings available on original media is admissible as evidence.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Om Dubey (Forensic expert)     06 August 2013

forensic audio examination may help you, for further inquiries you may contact me.

1 Like

(Guest)

Hi Om Dubey how to do that..Could you please show some in that area...I really need help.

(Guest)

Could you please provide your contact details....thanks 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 August 2013

The two CFSL Labs have heavy load. They have stopped accepting private data for examination.

Private lab results are not acceptable in court.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Alapati Prasad (Engineer-Business-Lawyer)     06 August 2013

if u have call recordings then submit the call list from your cell phone bill. The call records shall be obtained by Investigating officer ie., Police. After giving private complaint, make a request in writing to the Investigating officer or court to obtain Call list from the service provider such Idea/Airtel/ BSNL etc.  It is importanat to request the court or Investigating officer to obtain call recording data from the service provider, as the service provider will not keep the call record data for 3 years only.

Then pray the court for testing of voice recording incase the opponent claim that the voice is not his own.

case law:

call records relating cellular phones proof & authenticity

State Vs Navjot Sandhu  AIR 2005 SC3820

Alapati Prasad

1 Like

Ganesha Nam (SE)     17 October 2013

Please advise.

What service provider provide is CDR (incoming, outgoing details) or is it the actual conversations of the call?

If the call recordings are burned in cd or dvd is it not admisible in court of law?

What are the evidences that are admisible in court of law (498a and Divorce cases )?

Is there any link or documents which can provide this information. 

Because some link they say yes and some say no.

Please help

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     19 October 2013

If the call is recorded on SD card or SIM card and audio file has not been copied into other folder then submission of call details along with original SD card will prove that time and duration of recording as well as that of call details are same.This is acceptable in court generally till opposite party can prove the possibility of tampering. regards ASHOK

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register