LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABCDEFG (letter )     20 July 2013

New amendment rule - KOI TOH REPLY ....plz

Hey all, I have quick query on new amendment done in marriage act related to wife's share in "inherited" property. I and my wife had applied for mutual concent and judge has approved it with me paying her 3 lac rupees. I am suppose to pay her 3 lac on 19 september as on that day we complete 6 months of our petition. We have signed on the draft which says "we shall not ask for any more money or things after this " and submitted to judge. Can she now claim any share on my "inherited" property as per new "marraige ammendment rule" - if it is passed during monsoon session ? thanks, ABCDEFGH

Learning

22 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     20 July 2013

No point in speculating. Let the bill get passed first.

1 Like

(Guest)

It'll take lot of time, but no gaurantee that it  will get passed.  Even politicians have daughter-in-laws, even politicians are married !

1 Like

thanks Archana maam ...just very worried so.....

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     20 July 2013

A bill does not become law in one day even after it is passed by the parliament. Its a procedure that takes time so there is no point in worrying and losing peace of mind over it. 

1 Like

yeah maam...and thanks for being so very helpful......really really appreciate....

Thanks a bunch Shri "Helping Hand" .... really appreciate your help.....you guys are such a big support for people like me

fighting back (exec)     20 July 2013

let the bill get passed. dont worry, in the meantime transfer your property to someone near to you, just in case to be on the safer side

1 Like

yeah that makes sense sir to transfer the property to someone. ......thanks for your help sir......really appreciate

Mohan Raj (NA)     20 July 2013

At the moment there is no clarity on how to implement the proposed law, duration of marriage is not covered, and financial status of wife not covered, also law is not gender neutral.   Such law if passed will be overruled by supreme court for sure.

As I read here , yes, it is politians idea to delay the proposal becoming law by making the amendment proposal not clarified on all aspects.

This law will not be passed in near future for sure. I am confident & have trust on my ministers :-)

1 Like

super thank you Mohan sir......really really appreciate the help you guys are provideing.....

thanks Sri "Need Justice". Really appreciate your inputs ......

(Guest)

Nobody teaches a fish to swim.  Use brains.

1 Like

(Guest)

Dear Author,

No need to get feared about this fake marriage bill 2010 as this has so many drawbacks lying within it.It has just passed by the rulling cabinets and not by the Parliament.Before becoming law it has to go with several process by alterations and again has to be amended by the cabinets and again has to be passed by other than rulling party in the parliamanet.From there it has to go to the presidents consent and once the presidents consent is given then it comes under law.

For the above process it will take years to be followed and till then many parties will come and go as in 2014 this corrupt congress is not going to come again.And the opposite party will never give his ascent on this bill as they know if they will give ascent then the whole sympathy will be taken by congress as they made the bill and the womens majority vote will be occupied by congress in this coming election 2014.

So sit idle and not to get suspicious about this marriage bill.Act accordingly with the law which is prevailing and not with that law which is in dilemna.

1 Like

ABCDEFG (letter )     21 July 2013

thank you so much sir for this detailed reply.....really really helpful.......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register