Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi (employeed)     02 July 2013

Mc employee threating to charge 2 lakh fine

Hello all,

One of my friend created two bedrooms above his house on first floor. Now a guy from the munciple corporation is threating to charge 2 lakhs rupee as they don't get it first approved from the M.C. My friend didnot created a map for these two rooms but he do have the map of ground floor and a bathroom in the map which is  on the first floor. What should my friend do in this situtaion? Please suggest.

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 July 2013

Let him apply immediately  for regularise the additional portion and pay the related tax for additional portions

1 Like

Chenoy Ceil (Advocate)     02 July 2013

Depending on your friend's location, he can be penalized by the Municipality for building without sanction, but the hefty sum of Rs. 2 lakhs demanded is beyond imagination and it is just blackmailing tactics utilized by administrative people to hassle citizens. Tell your friend to make an immediate application for sanction. I believe, that there is a nominal daily penalty amount charged per day from any person who builds any building without sanction but that comes into effect only if that person continues to hold that building once he has been convicted. Do confirm with your local lawyer for further assitance. Good luck.

1 Like

Chenoy Ceil (Advocate)     02 July 2013

Depending on your friend's location, he can be penalized by the Municipality for building without sanction, but the hefty sum of Rs. 2 lakhs demanded is beyond imagination and it is just the tactics utilized by administrative people to hassle citizens. Tell your friend to make an immediate application for sanction. I believe, that there is a nominal daily penalty amount charged per day from any person who builds any building without sanction but that comes into effect only if that person continues to hold that building once he has been convicted. Do confirm with your local lawyer for further assitance. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks all for replying and for these valuable suggestions.

He is in punjab and his area of new construction is around 1000 sq feet.  Do you know how much money he needs to pay and where he can apply for sanction? I am sorry for being noob but I and my friend have never faced such things. He did not know about such thing where he needs to pay to build 2 two set on first floor of his own house. His father is not working and he is the only earning member of his family and  these b*st*rds appeared suddenly.

INDIA is worse place to live where you cannot eat, sleep, rest without feeding, paying these b*st*rds.

Thanks

On Search on WWW I found following https://www.downloadformsindia.com/Punjab/index.php?option=com_download#.UdLRZW3T-9w document. Do he needs to fill this form and which section applies to him. Just for your information It is not govt approve colony.

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     02 July 2013

Get the additional constructed area on the first floor regularized from the Muncipal Authorities by paying the mandatory fees to the Muncipal Authorities.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2014

you said

"he is the only earning member of his family and  these b*st*rds appeared suddenly.

INDIA is worse place to live where you cannot eat, sleep, rest without feeding, paying these b*st*rds."

why did he do illegal construction?

in which country one can be happy with illegal activity?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register