Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (cwa)     16 August 2009

Purchase of Plot of land

Dear sir,

We Purchased a Residential Plot of land with size 38 feet width & 72 ft length. In Andhra pradesh & registration also is completed recently.

But as per parent Documents & approved layout plan ,the plot size is 40 ft width & 72 ft length.But Physically 38 ft width & 72 ft length only of land  is available. As per owner’s words 2 ft width of land is encroached by somebody.

But the owner asked us to do registration with size 40 ft width & 72 ft length by paying amount for 38 ft width & 72 ft      length only. Based on this we had completed the plot registration with size 40 ft width & 72 feet length .by paying amount for 38 ft width & 72 ft length.

Besides this the owner has taken our signature in one stamp paper stating that even though plot registration was completed with  based on parent documents & approved layout plan with size 40 ft width % 72 ft length but physically plot of land size 38 ft width & 72 ft length is only available and amount has been paid for 38 ft width & 72 ft length.

So in this regard please guide me about the legal implications & problems if any arising in future.

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     16 August 2009

There are no legal implications since the vendor tried to safeguard his interests in respect of the 2 feet which is less, since tommorow you can proceed legally against him stating the vendor has misrepresented the fact during the sale and collected excess amount for the 2 feet, however it would had been apt if the same was also mentioned in the sale deed.

1 Like

Prasad (cwa)     17 August 2009

Dear Vishal sir,

Thanks for reply.Now i want to know what is the corrective action to be taken from my side in this regard to avoid problems in future.Please help in this regard.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     17 August 2009

Unfortunately without perusing the sale document I cannot advise you at this point of time

Prasad (cwa)     19 August 2009

Ok sir.Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register