LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

technocrat (service)     02 May 2013

Trasnsfer of sra-slum from maternal grandmother to my mother

My maternal grandmother died, who was owner of slum room which is under SRA for redevlopement. My mother, father & me are leaving with maternal grand mother for past 30 years & have names of all in ration card.

After death of maternal grandmother, I want to transfer slum room to my Mother's name in SRA/MHADA. My grandmother had made Will as well as affidavit decalring my mother as sole owner for the room. But our slum SRA committee is telling that we will need succession certificate & other documents to get it transfered to my mother's name & demanding Rs.50,000 or more. Is it true? How should I get transfered the slum room in SRA books to my mother's name? Pls help as this amount is huge for us.

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 May 2013

1. The SRA Committee is right in asking for Succession Certificate.
2. Interested party can get one from the
Jurisdiction Civil Court and submit the same to SRA Committee. For this interested party should find via reference and hire services of Civil Law practicing Advocate.
3. I don't wish to comment on 50 K 'entry fees'.

1 Like

technocrat (service)     03 May 2013

Thanks for your reply sir.

My mother is only daughter & notorised WILL as well as Affidevit is on her name giving her ownership. But still we need to go for Succession Certificate? There are no other legal heirs & we all were staying with her. Electricity bill is also on my mother's name.

Also if suppose Succession Certificate is compulsory & hence obtained, what will be next procedure to get name transfer done in SRA?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 May 2013

1.    Succession Certificate is a must in reference to context.

2.    Since the reference chawl is Registered as Society hence subject to the provision of the S. 30 of M.C.S. Act. 1960 by sub rule No. 34, 17(A) or 19 on the death of a member the Society shall transfer the shares and interest of the deceased member in the capital / property of the society to the nomination / nominees as per the Will.

3.    For the same a letter has to be written to the Member Secretary of Society annexing the Succession Certificate and Electricity Bill copy to transfer name.

1 Like

technocrat (service)     03 May 2013

Thanks a lot sir for your guidance/advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register