Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is the fees valid

Hi Everyone,

I consulted a lawyer regarding my divorce issues.He listened to my side of the story and said he'll get me a divorce from my husband and it would cost him two lakhs to finish it within six months.Is this how lawyers charge fees??:/.He told me he knows the judge and he can get a judgment passed in my favour.

Learning

7 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     22 April 2013

@haseena 

Which ever lawyer you have approached seems to be a comedian by the way did he suggest Mutual consent Divorce or did he say contested divorce . If it is contested Divorce than it would take years 5-7 yrs for your case . And even if he knows the judge tell that clown that what would he do when your husband approaches the high court and than the supreme court . I presume this clown should Display his acts in a circus . 

Do one thing tell him to get the divorce first and you would pay him after you get provided if he does not get it in 6 months time than he has to fight for for free till you obtain the divorce ;) But tell me are you so desperate to get divorce bcoz you are having an affair :/

Fees varry from lawyer to lawyer some charge 20k,30k,50 k etc its upto you which one you want to take . As quality comes with seniority .

(Guest)

Oh God!I just made a u turn frm his office and oathed never to return back to his office!!I I was very desperate to get a divorce since he lives in the village.He  has abandoned us and acts in front of everyone that things are fine between us and that I want to stay in the city and thats why Im living with my parents.I also started thinking about why I would be his wife when he doesnt want to do anything as a husband or a father.Desperate because I want to go abroad for further studies along with my son.I need custody of the child.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 April 2013

1.    The moment ‘desperation’ shown to professional from any walk of skill set life it is obvious the un-conventional Professional Fees stakes rises and rises.

2.    Even under Muslim Personal Laws ‘I want to stay in city vis-à-vis he stays in village’ is not valid oppression or grounds for effective Khula.

3.    Further even under Muslim personal Laws ‘I want to go overseas with child’ is also not valid oppression or grounds for effective Khula.  

4.    Lastly under any personal Laws of any Party in Indian reference ‘desperation’ is also not respective valid ground for divorce! 

All above to be read in reference of this thread only.

stanley (Freedom)     22 April 2013

you have not specified the age of your son . Now if you even file for custody it would take years . you want to go abroad for futher studies than take your son abroad and leave as in the absence of any court order your can do as you please taking into consideration welfare of the child . but if your son does not have a passport than you would face hurdles for it .

As you are seeking to know why you should be his wife i have to presume the fact that Marriage is dead among youll .Anyway Once you go abroad Side by side you can search for a boyfriend ;) too and get into a live in relation ship since as of date we can see a lot of metro wifes getiing into such type of relationships .

(Guest)

@tajobsindia

Cant I seek Khula on:

1.Verbal abuse  and mistreatment of the wife

2.Inability or refusal of the husband to financially support his wife

3.His absense in perfoming his duties such as denying to take us to the hospital (Me and my son),denying anything that involved money.

4.I remember the doctor calling him several times to come and put a sign before performing a caesarean and I had to call him personally from the operation theatre.He denied me everything.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 April 2013

1.    All these facts are matter of trial. My self bandwiddth limits restricts me never to sit on ‘Judgment’ of a queriest placed facts in a ‘free’ legal portal.

2.    I somehow try to limit myself on self censured lines hence get asked paras vetted in a Court of Law by all means.

3.    Now if you want ‘some’ opinion from me then to me the shape your two queries of date are taking right now, it seems you are allowing your facts to be romanticised to – fro  in quick volley of verbal duet, which is understandable as repliers are glued to queriest ‘screen name’ not facts so it seems to generic eyes J.

Take a ‘informed’ cue hereon and thus seek 'just Judgment' from a Court of Law.

[Last reply on your two queries]

2 Like

sameer (mp)     23 April 2013

u can get the custody of child.. if  he is a boy up the age of 7 and if it is a girl up to the age of matured..othercase u have to fight for the custody in a court....

if you are not in a postion to  continue the life with him conveince him the matter  and file a joint petition.. Any way it will take more than 1 year to get the  order from the court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register