LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

m m n j 79 (boa)     19 April 2013

Inter religion marriage

Hi, I m Hindu girl from ahmedabad want to marry a muslim guy, some advocate advise us to do court marriage I need to chage my religion 

but we want to do marriage without changing our religion pls advice and help us

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     19 April 2013

There is no need for either of you to change your religion. You can marry under the Special Marriage Act legally without changing the religion.

1 Like

m m n j 79 (boa)     19 April 2013

Mam,

I mail you some details on ur id u given in ur profil, pls refer and reply me

stanley (Freedom)     19 April 2013

Yeah Special Marriage act is fine and there is no need to change the Religion . 

But it is better to think on much broader terms . As of now you may not think its not necessary but also think about the fact that when children are born what religion would they be following . since Trouble begins when these issues crop up even though as of now when in love every thing looks rosy :-)  .

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     19 April 2013

if every thing goes well in life then there will be no problem but once complications arise it cannot be easy to solve in the in such religion matters as said above may be after children born with wath religion they will be 

i have seen some persons who are marriaged in the other religion and there life is very good but can you leave in the same way before taking such step my sincere advice is to take permission from parents because if anything .... then our parents will be a supporting hand 

ajay sethi (lawyer)     19 April 2013

as already advised by experts you need not change your religion . you can  retain your religion and marry under the provisions of Special Marriage act .

1 Like

(Guest)

@Querist,

I differ to all the opinions expressed above.

Conversion of religion has to take place in such a case. Few of my earlier replies in various threads where I have explained this question with some reasoning. It's advisable either to avoid such marriage or considering to change the religion.

Remember,practising a particular religion is altogether a different thing than actually being in religion.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register