LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MINI (Manager)     27 March 2013

How to get divorce

Marriage took place on Mar 26th 2012. Wife and myself are working in different place. We meet during weekends either in her house or in my house. Wife is insisting that I should move to her place of work. I requested some more time owing to my Job constraints. This became a serious  issue  and she has stopped coming to our house. We went to her house with some elders and requested her return to our house. Her parents informed that they will accept nothing less than me moving to her place of work and threatened that they will take legal steps. Hence I had sent a legal letter to her requesting her to come and live with me. Instead she had replied with so many allegations and that she is no longer interested in married life.  We were together only for 18 days . She left in July and has not returned.  I have tried sevaral times to patch up nothing seems to be working.I want to go for divorce. Pl guide me.

Learning

21 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : MINI

Marriage took place on Mar 26th 2012. Wife and myself are working in different place. We meet during weekends either in her house or in my house. Wife is insisting that I should move to her place of work. I requested some more time owing to my Job constraints. This became a serious  issue  and she has stopped coming to our house. We went to her house with some elders and requested her return to our house. Her parents informed that they will accept nothing less than me moving to her place of work and threatened that they will take legal steps. Hence I had sent a legal letter to her requesting her to come and live with me. Instead she had replied with so many allegations and that she is no longer interested in married life.  We were together only for 18 days . She left in July and has not returned.  I have tried sevaral times to patch up nothing seems to be working.I want to go for divorce. Pl guide me.

was there any kind of agreement that you will follow her like a lamb wherever she goes????

You can file RCR petition, and from there on can go for MCD.  Not agreeing for MCD and not willing to return to you, and wants to contest divorce, you fight case based on merits.

(Guest)

If you want divorce, then send her a legal notice for divorce by mutual consent.

A decree of divorce may be granted by mutual consent of husband-wife under Section 13B of The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     27 March 2013

There is nothing wrong if your wife expects that you both reside at one place rather than meeting at weekends. Meeting at weekends is not at all a good option for a happy married life. So try to understand and see from her point of view. Because of lack of regular communication and sharing of thoughts/feelings she might have lost intrest in your married life. Try going to some marriage councellor. See if things can be resolved. If not, then after one year of seperation you both can file for MCD without making any wild allegations on eachother which will free both of you after 6 months of waiting period.

2 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     27 March 2013

Very good advice by Archanaji. Please give up ego and try to reconcile

Archanaji , I fully appreciate your reply. I am fully aware that  marriage is a life long bond. There can be ups and downs and you have to reconcile and push forward. I have been waiting for my promotion. Will it not be beneficial for both of us if I get promoted. I had explained to her and she wants me resign and join a new job. In todays scenario is it that easy. Her parents also do not try to explain to the girl. As indicated in my earlier mail I have tried several times to convince her but in vain.

Helping hand Ji. There was no such agreement.

(Guest)

you resign( or take 2months leave) your job and go sit at your inlaws house. Ask your inlaws to take care of you and your wife if that is what they want.

Apart from Archana, Sandeep also gave an excellent advice, please follow them.

StalkerJi  that would be a better option. But it may not stop with that. Slowly i may also have extend my help to do lot of petty jobs like errand boy. 

I would prefer Archanji's and Sandeepji's advice. Thanks

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     27 March 2013

@MINI

For the first time, came across female name "MINI" for husband

Marriage took place on Mar 26th 2012. Wife and myself are working in different place. We meet during weekends either in her house or in my house. Wife is insisting that I should move to her place of work.

What was decided before marriage? Whether both of you will work and live in different cities and meet on weekends for rest of life? OR one of you will change job to the place of work of other spouse?

If both of you had decided to meet on weekends only then why wife is changing her stand now?

If before marriage, you had agreed to shift to the place of her working, then why did you change your stand?

A party, which does not fulfill the promises made before marriage, should pay for the divorce without creating any ego or false allegations/cases.

(Guest)

Archanaji , I fully appreciate your reply. I am fully aware that  marriage is a life long bond. There can be ups and downs and you have to reconcile and push forward. I have been waiting for my promotion. Will it not be beneficial for both of us if I get promoted. I had explained to her and she wants me resign and join a new job. In todays scenario is it that easy. Her parents also do not try to explain to the girl. As indicated in my earlier mail I have tried several times to convince her but in vain.

Its just a black coat vakeel, I would not reply in such a way as I know what it takes to undergo this situation in your life.

It is people who suggest like this who are called marriage breakers.

But I appreciate your senses.

Given the circumstances, and to barr people like Archana who suggest idiotic things to women as well as men, to go for counselling,  the woman in question need to think what is really beneficial for her in the long run.

Listening to her parents as well as listening to people who are hell bent to break your family should be kept at a thousand mile distance, never to meet again,this you have to make our wife understand.

Only then would be he future green.

Convince your wife, that there is something more to life as married individuals than just being individuals complaining to each and everyone.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : stalker

you resign( or take 2months leave) your job and go sit at your inlaws house. Ask your inlaws to take care of you and your wife if that is what they want.

Apart from Archana, Sandeep also gave an excellent advice, please follow them.

Do this to know to see your lovely wife in High Defintion colors

(Guest)

Helping hand Ji. There was no such agreement.

If there was no agreement as such, then why are you subdued???

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     28 March 2013

Need not worry about these petty issues. I advise hereby to husband to continue his job. It is for wife to join husband society at his home, it is not for husband to play as a doll in the hands of wife.I can not justify the demand of wife to live with her home resigning job. It is a purely mental harassment by wife to her husband.

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     28 March 2013

Need not worry about these petty issues. I advise hereby to husband to continue his job. It is for wife to join husband society at his home, it is not for husband to play as a doll in the hands of wife.I can not justify the demand of wife to live with her home resigning job. It is a purely mental harassment by wife to her husband.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register