LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashu (owner)     21 March 2013

Kick off son from my life and property

I want to break all relation with my Son (Property and Family).
and My son is also OK with My decission as he is self dependand boy. but is there any legal steps should I take to break these.
and weather there is some WILL type docs which I can made to save me and my family for any future issues with my son.
My son is ready to sign those will for mutal aggrement.
If these docs exist can some one provide me sample docs.

Thanks in advance for Docs sample.

Learning

10 Replies

Sanjay Gautam (Advocate)     21 March 2013

You need to publish the notice in a reputed daily news paper that you are breaking all relations with ur son, that shd be enough
1 Like

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     21 March 2013

In case of Hindu law, If it is your self acquired property there is no need to worry.  Nobody can claim property from you uncless you give them volountarily.  Or you can give the property to your choice person by way of registered will.  You should mention in the will that you donot want to give the property to your son.  if you die without writing any will, it will automatically go to the legal heirs by succession. Nturlally your son also get his share along with other legal heirs.

1 Like

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     22 March 2013

Yes, both the suggestions provided above have to performed otherwise legally you would not be able to alienate your son from your property.

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 March 2013

1. Public disownment of son should be done with publication in two leading dailies.
2. A Registered Will should be prepared during your lifetime of properties which were self earned and for acquired properties he will also have the legal rights like other heirs.
3. In even of above two legal steps the adult son should not be living under same roof.

1 Like

Ashu (owner)     22 March 2013

But I will make my WILL later on. Right now I just want to break relation with my child under both mutual understanding.

As my son is ready right now, it may be the case that he will change his mind later wards. Thus I want to make that now only. And will distribute property later on. As my ancestors property is also there and as far as I know ancestor property can be claimed by my son as it is not only my property.

For the same please give me sample WILL docs if someone have any.

Ranee....... (NA)     22 March 2013

Right now I just want to break relation with my child under both mutual understanding

-

=-

Mutual understanding??

-

-

You both must be planning to deprive your Daughter in Law from her residence right, Right?

Amit (NA)     22 March 2013

daughter-in-law in any case has no right in the residence of the in-laws unless she's been living there. And what is this "deprivation"? It's not father-in-law's responsibility maintain daughter-in-law.

If this is the worry, ask your son to have a separate household. Once they live there for a while, she can't claim anything on your self acquired property, not even residential rights to stay. You should have ideally done this as soon they got married.

Sanjay Gautam (Advocate)     22 March 2013

Better you consult a lawyer for drafting the said document and complete process
1 Like

Ashu (owner)     22 March 2013

Thanks Ranee... & Amit But do not jump to conclusion...

For ur kind information Ranee.. My son is not Married yet...

So there is no point of Daughter in law.. It is just a issue between me n my son... nothing else...

Ranee....... (NA)     22 March 2013

Originally posted by : Ashu

Thanks Ranee... & Amit But do not jump to conclusion...

For ur kind information Ranee.. My son is not Married yet...

So there is no point of Daughter in law.. It is just a issue between me n my son... nothing else...

Strange!..thanks for the information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register